I was stumbling around Pinterest the other day (I don’t browse very often, but am always amazed at the beautiful and creative projects there) and saw a card that completely inspired me! I saw it and knew it would be perfect to do with the Stitched Satin Ribbon that is out right now (and available FREE with the Back to Spool promo too!) It is all about cutting out your favorite shape – in this case a heart from the Hearts Framelits pack – and adhering your ribbon scraps to the back of the shape:
The card I saw was by Diane Zechman and used different sizes and styles of ribbon scraps; and really, you could repeat this idea with any variety of shapes, colors, and sizes and it would look great! Plus it is perfect for those of us who see a piece of ribbon that is more than an inch long and feel like it would be wasteful to just throw it away. 🙂 So, here is what we can do with those pieces!
A couple tips for this card:
1. If you are going to do the doodle/dashes around your shape, draw those on before you run your cardstock through an embossing folder. So much easier and you don’t have to deal with the texture messing up your pen lines.
2. Run your tape runner around the edge of your shape to help adhere your ribbon down. I found that easier than trying to guess where on the ribbon to put the adhesive and it make the ribbon more taut across the punchout area.
3. If you are going to use dimensionals to raise up your embossed cardstock layer, add some dimensionals around your punchout opening. This helps hold down your ribbon as well as adds some stability to your open area.
So, I hope you enjoyed this idea as much as I did. If you try it out, I’d love to see what you come up with! Leave a comment with a link to your sample or post it on my Facebook page to share you creative work!
And if you love this ribbon as much as I do, get it FREE with any order of $40 or more… in fact get 2 spools with an $80 order, 3 spools with an $120 order…. you get the idea. 🙂
Don’t Forget! Free Stitched Satin Ribbon with every $40 purchase!
Are you earning yourNorthwest Stamper Rewards? Every order gets you closer to your FREE stamp set! Click here to learn more!
Ribbon Heart Card Recipe
Stamps: Just Believe
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Paper: Summer Starfruit, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Hearts Framelits, Stitched Satin Ribbon (Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse), Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Signo Gel Pen, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Pretty Project Accents with Stacked Die Cuts - March 7, 2018
- Congratulations or Birthday Card – You Decide! - January 17, 2018
- 2018 Stampin’ Up Occasion Catalog Product Samplers! - January 9, 2018
- So Much Crafting Cuteness for the New Year! - January 4, 2018
- Meet the Stampin’ Up Stamparatus! - November 16, 2017
- Limited Time Promotions are on NOW! - October 9, 2017
- Quick and Easy Halloween Treat Bags – Fun n’ Crafty Blog Hop - September 28, 2017
- All About Carols of Christmas – a blog hop - July 30, 2017