I always think of lace stamps as being delicate and ideal for weddings and love cards, but you don’t have to keep it to those boxes! I had created a simple card using this Bella & Friends stamp set, but wanted to add a little more to the card. So, I started from a card I shared recently in my email newsletter (if you aren’t a subscriber, sign up HERE so you can get access to exclusive tutorials too!). It was super easy to create because I grabbed one of my largest clear blocks and mounted all of the stamps onto it at one time.
TIP: Squish your lace stamps closer together than you think you might want them. Because of the little extra bit of photopolymer that is around the edges of the stamp image itself, it creates some space between the images. So, start very close together… you can always spread it out more!
For this card, I stamped the images using Cucumber Crush ink onto Cucumber Crush cardstock. This is one of the retiring colors, so I had to get in some more time with it before it goes. But this technique looks beautiful with other colors, and especially with bright colors such as Watermelon Wonder (another retiring color)
TIP: The 2015-2017 In Colors are retiring at the end of May, but DON’T WAIT until then to stock up! The reinkers will sell out in late April when the retirement list is officially announced (though last year, one color was gone before the retirement list even posted!) so get your cardstock and reinkers now before they are gone.
Finally, I added one more touch with the Cucumber Crush striped ribbon sticking out of the side of the main image. Don’t forget to use those ribbons… if you have a size that is a little bigger than you know what to do with, having a few ends stick out the side is a great use for them!
I mentioned above that I started from a simpler card, I thought I’d share that card too! This was my “easy card” from a private card class. We were making 4 cards and the other cards had die cutting and multi-step stamping. So I wanted everyone to finish with a card that was fun, relaxing and satisfying. We broke out the watercolor pencils and let the Bella & Friends image be the highlight of the card.
2 Days Left to get your FREE Sale-a-Bration items – including Delicate Details for making your own Tone-on-Tone Backgrounds!
Just a quick reminder, that if you have been meaning to get your order in to grab your free Sale-a-Bration items… you only have 2 days left! You have until Friday night to be able to earn any of these items for free. NOTE the extra designer papers, cardstock, and washi tape from the Occasions Catalog that has been added as an option for you. Here is what you can get:
How to redeem your free items:
- Visit www.nwstamper.com/shop and pick out the items you want to order from your wishlist – anything from the Annual Catalog, Occasions catalog, and Clearance Rack
- On the shopping cart page, in the bottom left of the page will be a link to select your free Sale-a-Bration choice(s) – one for every $50 you have ordered.
- On the shopping card page, if your order is less than $150, enter 42ABGMYK in the hostess code text box, and I’ll also send you a copy of the March Premium Tutorial pack too!
- Check out and those free items will be added to your box at no additional cost at all!
You just have to do that by the end of day Friday! Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Want to make this card at home? Here are the project supplies:
March Rewards Hostess Code is 42ABGMYK
March News, Notes, and Specials!
- March Hostess Code is 42ABGMYK – Use this code when you shop online with me and earn extra perks!
- ONLY A FEW WEEKS LEFT! Sale-a-Bration is coming to an end on March 31st.
- For every $50 ordered, pick any item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog to get for FREE added to your order
- Place a $250 order or party and get an extra $25 to spend for FREE!
- BEST DEAL – if your wish list is over $100, consider getting the demonstrator starter kit and joining my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers. You get to pick out $125 in product for $99, get 20% off all your future orders, get 2 stamp sets of any value to add FREE to your kit during Sale-a-Bration, and join the amazing community of my team and demonstrators worldwide online. Get started here