So, today I have to put out the LAST CALL for taking advantage of the Sale-a-Bration promotions. Stampin’ Up always runs this incentive during the first 3 months of the year, giving you a chance to get free stamps and papers, including exclusive items that are made only for this promotion. Plus, if you are thinking of taking advantage of all the perks of being a Stampin’ Up demonstrator, you only have through tonight to get those 2 free stamp sets of your choice, any value with your starter kit. PLUS, Stampin’ Up just announced that anyone who purchased the starter kit from January – March of this year, will have the opportunity to earn an EXTRA free stamp set in May-June! Super sweet!
Ok, now on to the card I wanted to share with you today! It uses the fabulous Lift Me Up bundle and pairs it with the fun Carried Away designer paper (only available during Sale-a-Bration). It is such a fun and easy layout though that it is perfect to use with any of your patterned papers.
If you ever have those patterned papers that you can’t decide which pattern you want to use… or you love the idea of a paper but the pattern is just too bold for a big background piece, this layout is for you! I originally saw this card from a friend and fellow demo Breelin Renwick. I always love her work and this card was just such a perfect way to use the Carried Away paper.
Dimensions for making this card:
- Night of Navy cardbase – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5 1/4″ , 1″ x 5 1/2″
- Patterned Papers – 3 strips – 1 1/4″x 3 3/4″
- scrap Whisper White for balloon
Once you have your paper cut, it is easy to layer the large Whisper White piece onto your card base and then place your first patterned paper strip along the left edge of the White cardstock so that it is evenly spaced from the top, left, and bottom sides. Then adhere the remaining 2 paper strips with slight spacing between them.
You’ll note the long piece of Whisper White cardstock is extra long because I started by punching my banner end with the Banner Triple punch. Seriously people, this makes your life soooo much easier for those perfect banner ends! Once you’ve punched the end, you can stamp your sentiment and you are ready for your balloon.Stamp your balloon image from the Lift Me Up stamp set in Watermelon Wonder (since it coordinates with the Carried Away patterned paper) and die cut out to layer on your sentiment.
Then it is just about the details. A couple Metallic Enamel shapes at the end of the patterned paper (helpfully self-sticking), and tie a bow with the Night of Navy solid baker’s twine and adhere to your balloon with a glue dot. You are left with an adorable card and a way to show your love for the fabulous patterns in your patterned paper! Give it a try and I’d love to see what you come up with! Post your picture here in the comments or over on my Facebook Page!
Want to make this card at home? Here are the project supplies:
March Rewards Hostess Code is 42ABGMYK
March News, Notes, and Specials!
- March Hostess Code is 42ABGMYK – Use this code when you shop online with me and earn extra perks!
- LAST DAY! Sale-a-Bration is coming to an end on March 31st.
- For every $50 ordered, pick any item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog to get for FREE added to your order
- Place a $250 order or party and get an extra $25 to spend for FREE!
- BEST DEAL – if your wish list is over $100, consider getting the demonstrator starter kit and joining my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers. You get to pick out $125 in product for $99, get 20% off all your future orders, get 2 stamp sets of any value to add FREE to your kit during Sale-a-Bration, and join the amazing community of my team and demonstrators worldwide online. Get started here
- Crafting Forever Using the New 2017-2019 In Colors! - June 22, 2017
- Top 10 Favorites from the Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog – Released Today! - June 1, 2017
- Clean and Simple Elegance Eastern Palace Card - May 25, 2017
- The 2017 Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog Product Samplers are Here! - May 24, 2017
- Daisy Delight Sneak Peek Thank You Card - May 23, 2017
- Color Blocking Card Using High Tide - May 16, 2017
- Cute Collage Stamping using Kinda Eclectic - May 11, 2017
- Spring Birthday Card Idea with Affectionately Yours Designer Paper - May 3, 2017