So, when the weekly deals came out this week, I saw the Floral Frames framelits were on sale and once again I smacked my head and thought “oh yeah!! I totally forgot about those dies!”. Anyone else with me?
So if you are in the same boat, I thought I’d share a card I did for a class a while back (but totally forgot to post) to help refresh your memory!
Everything but the card base is a layer made using the Floral Frames framelits – don’t they layer so nicely – and of course stamping using the coordinating Daydream Medallions stamp set.
Tips for making this card:
- Keep it easy on yourself and mostly stick with white cardstock that you stamp with different color inks! You can make it different everytime but it lets the intricate designs really stand out.
In this case I used the following colors: Basic Black, Strawberry Slush, Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey
- Add just a little bit of definition and flair by mixing in a few layers with Silver Glimmer Paper or coordinating cardstock (like the Blackberry Bliss). I used the same die cut shape as the layer above my colored cardstock and just offset the flower petals so the color or glitter showed through but stayed subtle.
- Color your rhinestone at the center of your flower with Blendabilities! I used the darkest shade of Rich Razzleberry to get close to the Blackberry Bliss I used elsewhere.
- Pop up your layers with dimensionals to really let your image come alive and off the page!
- Then just stick it down on a plain white card base and stamp a simple sentiment like the “just because” from the Dozen Thoughts stamp set, and you are good to go!
And just for fun, I thought I’d share my most favoritest card I’ve made with these framelits… clean, simple and oh so pretty!
Just imagine it in your favorite color… fun, right?!
Project Supplies Used:
Easy shopping anytime! Click the images below to see the item in the online store.
Use Hostess Code EGR29JBV to receive a free gift from me when you place your order!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog