I realized this weekend that I haven’t done traditional scrapbooking in what feels like a long time. And I really do miss it! So, after I get all caught up with the samples for my next few events, I will be for sure doing more scrapping. And I may just have to plan a cropping day too… anyone want to join me?
Today’s share however is a page I created for the Stampin’ Up convention display boards using the new Seasonally Scattered stamp set from the Holiday Catalog (which I’m finishing mailing out this week, so if you need a copy, let me know!)
Tips for this project:
- Keep it quick by using the designer paper packs, like the Moonlight pack here, and just overlap full sheets of the paper to make your background. No cutting means fast designs!
- Use up your ribbon scraps by trimming the ends and then adhering them in a group behind one of your layers of paper. I mixed 1/8” Taffeta in Melon Mambo and Satin Ribbon in Hello Honey & Blackberry Bliss.
- After stamping your sentiment in Melon Mambo and then outline the letters of the stamped image in a contrasting marker – in this case Blackberry Bliss.
- Use vellum for a subtle way to add journalling to your project without the journalling block dominating your scrapbook page.
- Add a few sequins for some bits of color and shine along the top of your page.
The fun part about scrapbooking is that you get to enjoy the memories while you are working because you are looking at your pictures… plus you get to have fun will all your tools and techniques as you build your page. It is like a really big card to play and experiment with!
Scrapbook even faster with Project Life! If you have tons of pictures you want to get documented but don’t feel like you have time to scrapbook, don’t forget to check out Project Life. All you need is a few essentials:
Drop your photos in the pocket pages – no cutting required! Add the cute cards from the card collections and just write in your notes about what was happening and you are done! Easy Peasy! Learn more about Project Life and see a video of how fast it is to create a set of pages in this blog post.
August Online Stamp Club Hostess Code – TT2NETD4
Use this code to get free exclusive tutorials & project kit! Learn more