Welcome! Its time for another Inspire, Create, Share Blog hop! This month we are trying to help get you inspired to finish up those love notes and treats for Valentine’s Day! I have this fun card for you – so please, keep reading and check out more about how I made it. Then leave me a comment letting me know what you think before hopping off to see what other awesome projects the rest of the gang made for you. 🙂 (more…)
Tag: enamel shapes
Lets keep the blogging streak going (because you know 2 days out of 2 is something! ha ha!) and today is a fun day because it is Blog Hop day! I’m joining forces with some of my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers team to share with you some fun Valentine’s Day project ideas! (more…)
Last Friday was my monthly Creative Cards class – we normally meet the first Friday of the month, but with OnStage Local happening that first weekend of the month, I had to push it back a week. Well, I was so glad I could because it gave me a chance to play with my new Stitched Shapes framelits (SO FUN!!) and since we had Christmas Cards and Tags classes scheduled for Saturday, I was free to play with all the other fun non-holiday items in my craft room.
So out came the Foxy Friends stamp set and the coordinating A Little Foxy designer paper, and don’t they come together so cute for a birthday card?!
I just love how cute and festive this card turned out. It is perfect for kids or anyone who loves something cute. 🙂 I used the stitched squares to cut out each of the patterns as well as a piece of Whisper White cardstock – the stitching is a little touch but it really adds a lot, I think.
Tips for making this card:
- Order makes a difference! First stamp the body of the fox in the middle of the white die cut square. Then, punch out the body shape using the Fox Builder punch from a piece of computer paper or post-it note. You’ll use that punch out as a mask – just lay it on top of where you stamped the body before you stamp the tree stump to make it look like he is in the middle of the stump.
- Lighten Up your stamping! I didn’t want the tree stump to be too dark and take away from the bright cheery fox, so I inked it up with Smoky Slate ink and stamped first on scrap paper and THEN onto the bottom of the white die cut square.
Make sure the mask you punched out is over your stamped body before you stamp the stump to make sure no lines go through the middle of his feet. 🙂
- Little touches bring lots of fun and whimsy – Once you have all the layers put together, add a few extra touches and have them cross over the edges of your layers for a more whimsical look. Like punching out a head and popping it up on a Stampin’ Dimensional so that it crosses over the edge of the squares.
Or add a balloon where all the corners meet to make your fox a party fox!
Or simply add a little epoxy accent like the star from the Subtles enamel shapes to add a touch of color to your sentiment.
If you want to make this at home, I have the measurements listed for you at the bottom of the post. But mix and match your colors and patterns for a ton of fun cheery options guaranteed to bring a smile to anyone’s face!
News Updates and Specials to know about
I just learned yesterday that the Stitched Framelits are so popular that Stampin’ Up ran through a couple months inventory in a couple WEEKS! So, while they are still accepting orders now for delivery at the end of the month, they will be making the dies unorderable starting at 10am on 11/21 while they work with the supplier to get more! So, if you had been wanting to get a set, I recommend ordering soon. Get yours here – Stitched Shapes Framelits
Also, the Online Extravaganza is coming!
This weeklong sale kicks off on Monday (11/21) with a set of special 24hr only deals in addition to the weeklong specials. I just got to see the list this morning before I had to run off to some appointments. But I want to make sure to share with you so you can be checking your wishlist or telling family which items are great holiday gifts for you! 😉
If you are on my mailing list, I’ll send out an email this evening with all the details of everything on sale (if you aren’t on my list, sign up here – http://eepurl.com/ueYCf). Then I should have it up in a blog post and here on Facebook tomorrow so we can all start planning.
Get your free exclusive Tutorial pack from our amazing International demonstrator design team featuring the stamp sets that are on sale this month! You can get your free copy of this SET of great project ideas by either:
Placing a $50 Stampin’ Up order with me (either directly or in my online store using the hostess code DSUGDGH4) in the month of November
Join my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers! My team gets a copy of this Tutorial Pack for FREE!
- Whisper White cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, 2″x2″, scrap
- Smoky Slate cardstock – 4″ x 4″
- Pool Party cardstock – scrap
- A Little Foxy designer paper – 2″x2″ piece in 3 different patterns
Project Supply List: