Lets keep the blogging streak going (because you know 2 days out of 2 is something! ha ha!) and today is a fun day because it is Blog Hop day! I’m joining forces with some of my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers team to share with you some fun Valentine’s Day project ideas!
In my case, I decided to break out my new Love Sparkles stamp set and create a clean and simple Love card. I actually started out with the pretty background paper – one of my favorites from the new Sending Love paper pack – and wanted to keep it simple with just a basic skinny matting in Basic Black. But when I wanted to add my sentiment, I didn’t want to cover up all those pretty hearts in the background, so I kept the embellishing small.
Stack up the layers for a sentiment that pops!
- Don’t just go for basic matting of your sentiments, add some pizazz with scallop ovals from the Layering Ovals framelits! I went with two stacked scalloped ovals (one in Real Red and one in Basic Black) to give my sentiment some space to pop out from the card.
- Go for more than just paper when creating layers too! I looped some of the Black Metallic Thread behind my oval with the sentiment for some delicate details. Then added some heavier weight by adding two pieces of the Metallic Ribbon (FREE with your $50 order during Sale-a-Bration) underneath the whole stack.
- Help your sentiment blend in with some color – I used my Real Red marker to fill in some of the sentiment with red to help it tie in with the background.
- When in doubt, add some glitz! The metallic enamel shapes make an easy way to add some glitz in a different way than your typical pearls and rhinestones.
And I loved those silver Metallic Enamel Shapes so much that I added a couple to the bottom right corner of the card. It is a bit shinier in person, but I think you get the idea in the picture above.
- Real Red cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scraps
- Basic Black cardstock – 3 3/4″ x 5″, scraps
- Whisper White – scraps
- Sending Love designer paper – 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″
Now, are you ready to get even more Valentine’s Day inspiration? Check out the rest of the team that is joining me in this blog hop. Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think of this project and leave the rest of the gals some love as you hop along too!
- Stacey Lane – A Work of Carte
- Danielle Elvin – Going to Collage
- Susan Schultz – Stampin’ By the San Francisco Bay
- Kathy Thisted – Stampablog
- Nicole Flournoy – Inky Fingers Stamping
- Jennifer Blomquist – NW Stamper <– YOU ARE HERE!
Enjoy the hop and if you’d like to join us next month on the hop, consider joining our fun group of Stampin’ Up demonstrators by purchasing the Starter Kit! You’ll not only get the 2 FREE STAMP SETS when you join during Sale-a-Bration, but best of all, you’ll be part of our awesome crafty community and we can’t wait to welcome you there. Then you can join us and be featured in our blog hop next month!
Have questions? Just let me know or get started here.
Oh! And if you are curious to see more about what these papers and ribbons look like “in person” I finally got back to recording and created a walkthrough video to share with you what all the new papers, ribbons, and accessories actually look like in more detail than the tiny pictures in the catalog. 🙂 So, check out the great projects in the hop and then come back and see what other patterns and colors come with the papers featured in these projects!
Project Supply List:
January News, Notes, and Specials!
- January Hostess Code is 9PKRDX7F – Use this code when you shop online with me and earn extra perks!
- Sale-a-Bration is here! Get even more between January 4-March 31st.
- For every $50 ordered, pick any item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog to get for FREE added to your order
- Place a $250 order or party and get an extra $25 to spend for FREE!
- BEST DEAL – if your wish list is over $100, consider getting the demonstrator starter kit and joining my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers. You get to pick out $125 in product for $99, get 20% off all your future orders, get 2 stamp sets of any value to add FREE to your kit during Sale-a-Bration, and join the amazing community of my team and demonstrators worldwide online. Get started here
- Try it all with the Occasions Catalog Product Samplers – Only available for a limited time! See what is included and get your set here,
- January’s Premium Tutorial Pack is out! Get your copy of 12 amazing tutorials including 3D projects, clean and simple, and fancy fold cards!
- FREE with a $50+ purchase from me in January using the hostess code 9PKRDX7F
- Purchase the PDF directly for only $14.95 for all 12 step by step tutorials. Get it or prior month’s packs here.
4 responses to “Valentines with Love Sparkles & a Blog Hop!”
This is so darling!
such a cute card – love it!
Just love your card! Thanks for sharing!
love the sweet simplicity of this card. Great job Jen