Welcome! Its time for another Inspire, Create, Share Blog hop! This month we are trying to help get you inspired to finish up those love notes and treats for Valentine’s Day! I have this fun card for you – so please, keep reading and check out more about how I made it. Then leave me a comment letting me know what you think before hopping off to see what other awesome projects the rest of the gang made for you. 🙂
So, today I put together a Valentine’s Day card using the super pretty Sending Love Designer Paper pack. This 6″x6″ paper pack may seem a little limiting or even boring because it only contains Real Red and Whisper White as the colors in the paper (can you tell I love tons of color!?) But the thing is, keeping it simple with your pattern papers means you can mix and match for really neat results!
I actually used 3 patterns from the paper pack for this card. The stripes for the large background piece. To help break things up I added just a small piece of the Sending Love ribbon – the 1/8″ Real Red grosgrain ribbon. I just adhered it to the back of the pattern paper with SNAIL (tape runner) before taping down the entire piece.
Then I added 2 more patterns for my main focal point:
Now, I LOVE my stitched shapes framelits, and so I just had to use them for my squares. You don’t see the stitching “in your face” when you use these dies with the pattern paper, but the subtle texture really shows up and looks great in person. And they fit perfectly with the Layering Square scallop squares.
So, I don’t know about you, but I loved the Bloomin’ Love stamp set when it came out last year and since it carried over I still had this valentine stamp set. The new Sealed with Love stamp set is cute, but sometimes you can get away with just some new papers and accessories to freshen up an old stamp set.
I used the heart from the Bloomin’ Love stamp set plus the sentiment from the set as well. Just add a Metallic Enamel heart and you have the perfect finishing touch.
Now, get even more great ideas by continuing on with the hop! Hop on over to Jamie’s blog and check out her Valentine’s Day project inspiration.
Want to make this card at home? Here are the project supplies:
February Rewards Hostess Code is 9UEXKZCV
February News, Notes, and Specials!
- February Hostess Code is 9UEXKZCV – Use this code when you shop online with me and earn extra perks!
- Sale-a-Bration is here! Get even more between January 4-March 31st.
- For every $50 ordered, pick any item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog to get for FREE added to your order
- Place a $250 order or party and get an extra $25 to spend for FREE!
- BEST DEAL – if your wish list is over $100, consider getting the demonstrator starter kit and joining my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers. You get to pick out $125 in product for $99, get 20% off all your future orders, get 2 stamp sets of any value to add FREE to your kit during Sale-a-Bration, and join the amazing community of my team and demonstrators worldwide online. Get started here
- Color Blocking Card Using High Tide - May 16, 2017
- Cute Collage Stamping using Kinda Eclectic - May 11, 2017
- Spring Birthday Card Idea with Affectionately Yours Designer Paper - May 3, 2017
- Sending Love Card with Jars of Love - May 3, 2017
- Sneak Peek! The Eastern Palace Suite is Available Early! - May 2, 2017
- Limited Time – Build Your Stash Card Class By Mail - April 29, 2017
- Oh So Succulent for Mother’s Day! - April 27, 2017
- Flowery Thank You Card with the Fresh Fruit Stamp Set - April 19, 2017