As we are winding down our Thanksgiving holiday weekend, I’m trying to get back to my computer and back in the groove of getting all of these project photos off my camera and up on the blog to share. Because, making projects is fun… sharing them is even MORE fun!
Today, I have a card I put together using the Woodland embossing folder and some simple sponging! We were told the night before Thanksgiving that this embossing folder is close to selling out permanently, so if this was on your wishlist, I wouldn’t wait too long to get it! I’m waiting to see when Stampin’ Up opens tomorrow if we have an update on it, but for now you can still orders yours in the online store.
Tips for making this card:
- Keep the colors simple – You know me, I love clean and simple cards. The trick is to pick a couple neutral colors and one to two brighter colors to add the POP of color! In this case, I stuck with Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Gold, and Rich Razzleberry for my pop!
- Try sponging your embossing folders – The woodland embossing folder is perfect for this technique! Run your paper through the embossing folder and then when it comes out, use a sponge dauber to lightly rub ink over the raised areas!
- Help the word die cuts pop out quick & easy – I waited to share the Precision Plate for the BigShot with folks in my class until I could really see why it made a difference. And using these thin word dies, I DO see a difference! I find the words are much easier to pop out when I use the precision plate, as well as especially when you are using easily dentable paper like the foil papers, you don’t get the “polka dot effect” of the paper pushing up into the holes in the die. So, now I ALWAYS use my precision plate when cutting out thin word dies.
- Extend your Metallic Doilies to the perfect size – I have been loving the Metallic Doilies (and love that they are 30% off through tomorrow in the Online Extravaganza sale!) and they often give me the right touch of shine on my card. But sometimes you need them to be just a little bit bigger than they are. So, grab those scissors and snip away! I cut one of the smaller doilies in half and stretched it out so some peeked out above and below my sentiment!
- Use the fine tip glue pen for glueing details diecuts a breeze – the thin lines of the words and the metallic doilies can sometimes be a challenge to glue. Thankfully, the Fine Tip glue pen makes it easy to get it all glued without the glue showing!
Here is the trick: Use the glue from the fine tip glue pen sparingly! Don’t draw the lines of the paper with the glue, instead place dots of glue in areas with larger spots of paper and use the tip of the glue pen to spread the glue out along the finer lines! This keeps the glue from smooshing out the sides.
Don’t forget! The online extravaganza ends tomorrow with one more set of 24hr deals!
Just a reminder that the deals end tomorrow of when they sell out! Tomorrow they will be adding 3 sale items:
- Project Life Starter Bundle! You get a 12×12 album, This is the Life card kit, This is the Life accessory kit, and page protectors in a bundle for 30% off! Everything you need to get your pictures from your last vacation or just the last year, in an album and off your computer or phone. It makes it easy and cute without too much thinking!
- Christmas Tagables Bundle! Get a set of a TON of christmas gift tag stamps plus the Scalloped Tag Topper together in a bundle for 20% off. Just add some of that paper you may or may not have been hoarding at home and you are ready to go!
- Tiny Triangles embossing folder. And just to be different, they added an embossing folder for 20% off on Monday only! Add fun geometric designs to your projects.
I’ll be updating my list once I get an update from Stampin’ Up! But you can see all the sale items here:
Use Hostess Code PU2EYZJY at check out to get a special thank you from me!
See all the tutorials & classes by mail here
Project Supplies Used: