Happy Monday! Today over at the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog, we are sharing a fun scrapbook sketch idea.
I didn’t create the sketch, but let me tell you how much I LOVE designing off of sketches. It makes the scrapbooking process so much easier for me because I don’t have to think too hard about the set-up of the page (or card!) and instead can focus on things like which color do I want to use and what should I write in my journaling.
Oh, and did I mention that my layouts are typically like my cards…. I start from a sketch or design, pull in key elements, and then totally change everything else up. But hey! It’s the inspiration that is important – and the fact that I’m actually getting my photos in an album!
You may be wondering how I got that honeycomb look on my base paper for my scrapbook…. well, check this out… I used my embossing folder as a stamp!!!
Seriously, its totally cool! First I wiped my ink pad across the raised side of the embossing folder to ink it up.
Then I just flipped over the embossing folder and pressed it down like I would a stamp! I liked the distressed (didn’t get all the ink down on the paper) look, so I didn’t worry about evenly pressing and getting it all off on the base paper.
Then for my accents, I created my own layered ribbon banners in the upper corner. I took some of the Strawberry Slush Ruffle Trim and the Natural Trim ribbons and layered them. Then snipped the ends at an angle. Then to soften it even more, I use the Flower Shop bundle to get the simple flower to go on top.
Finally, I needed a title and ended up actually cutting out my letters using the Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies in the same Wisteria Wonder as the background paper. But that was a little too tone-on-tone and so I drew around the outside of the letters with my white gel pen to make them pop a bit more.
I would say that it worked! And look at that face… isn’t Sweet a good title too? Ok, I really didn’t know what to title these too pictures but I loved them so much that I had to scrap them somehow!
So, I hope you got some inspiration! Play along and create your own scrapbook page with this sketch and let me know what you think!
- Crafting Forever Using the New 2017-2019 In Colors! - June 22, 2017
- Top 10 Favorites from the Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog – Released Today! - June 1, 2017
- Clean and Simple Elegance Eastern Palace Card - May 25, 2017
- The 2017 Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog Product Samplers are Here! - May 24, 2017
- Daisy Delight Sneak Peek Thank You Card - May 23, 2017
- Color Blocking Card Using High Tide - May 16, 2017
- Cute Collage Stamping using Kinda Eclectic - May 11, 2017
- Spring Birthday Card Idea with Affectionately Yours Designer Paper - May 3, 2017