It’s May and I am back hopping with the Inspire, Create, & Share gals to bring you some inspiration for the girls this month! The theme is “It’s A Girl Thing!” and so we are each sharing a project that we think is perfect for the girls in our lives. The card I have for you is a fun Spring Birthday Card that with all the flowers and Flirty Flamingo ink and paper colors, makes me think of some of my good gal friends.
Mix & Match Your Craft Supplies to Bring the Spring!
I’m so grateful that Stampin’ Up makes such a big deal about color coordination and exact color matching in their products. It means that going outside the box and mixing & matching supplies from your craft room is WAAAAY easier! I’ll admit, I am a kit girl. I love to stick to coordinated suites and project kits because it means I don’t have to think. I can just dump everything out on my table and know that whatever I grab will work together. But, today’s card goes a bit off the rails in that department!
- I wanted to get some more crafting time in with my Affectionately Yours designer paper now that is retiring and coming to the end of it’s availability. I love, love, love the copper foil accents in two of the patterned sheets (including the Night of Navy piece in this card). So, I coordinated the Cucumber Crush striped ribbon with the Cucumber Crush leaves in that pattern.
- And while the official color in the Affectionately Yours paper is Watermelon Wonder, the lighter pink sides are a perfect complement to the Flirty Flamingo cardstock I used to mat the sentiment.
- Speaking of Flirty Flamingo, I coordinated the cardstock mat with the ink colors when I stamped some of the flowers from the Swirly Bird stamp set. And since I knew that Peekaboo Peach was an In Color in the same family at the Flirty Flamingo, I knew I could use it for a contrasting flower color and the tones would go together.
TIP – when in doubt, stick to colors in the same color family!
I also finished it off with the super fun birthday sentiment from the retiring Balloon Adventures stamp set. I am crushed this set is retiring… but I think it is going to just work it’s way over to my permanent personal stash. It coordinates with the Balloon Bouquet punch and has such great birthday sentiments!
Want to make this card at home? Here are the project supplies:
Get more great ideas for the girls in your life!
So, please keep on hopping and check out what other great ideas the Inspire, Create, & Share gals have for you on this “It’s A Girl Thing” blog hop! Next up is Audra on our hoppy tour.
- Color Blocking Card Using High Tide - May 16, 2017
- Cute Collage Stamping using Kinda Eclectic - May 11, 2017
- Spring Birthday Card Idea with Affectionately Yours Designer Paper - May 3, 2017
- Sending Love Card with Jars of Love - May 3, 2017
- Sneak Peek! The Eastern Palace Suite is Available Early! - May 2, 2017
- Limited Time – Build Your Stash Card Class By Mail - April 29, 2017
- Oh So Succulent for Mother’s Day! - April 27, 2017
- Flowery Thank You Card with the Fresh Fruit Stamp Set - April 19, 2017