It’s May and I am back hopping with the Inspire, Create, & Share gals to bring you some inspiration for the girls this month! The theme is “It’s A Girl Thing!” and so we are each sharing a project that we think is perfect for the girls in our lives. The card I have for you is a fun Spring Birthday Card that with all the flowers and Flirty Flamingo ink and paper colors, makes me think of some of my good gal friends.
Mix & Match Your Craft Supplies to Bring the Spring!
I’m so grateful that Stampin’ Up makes such a big deal about color coordination and exact color matching in their products. It means that going outside the box and mixing & matching supplies from your craft room is WAAAAY easier! I’ll admit, I am a kit girl. I love to stick to coordinated suites and project kits because it means I don’t have to think. I can just dump everything out on my table and know that whatever I grab will work together. But, today’s card goes a bit off the rails in that department!
- I wanted to get some more crafting time in with my Affectionately Yours designer paper now that is retiring and coming to the end of it’s availability. I love, love, love the copper foil accents in two of the patterned sheets (including the Night of Navy piece in this card). So, I coordinated the Cucumber Crush striped ribbon with the Cucumber Crush leaves in that pattern.
- And while the official color in the Affectionately Yours paper is Watermelon Wonder, the lighter pink sides are a perfect complement to the Flirty Flamingo cardstock I used to mat the sentiment.
- Speaking of Flirty Flamingo, I coordinated the cardstock mat with the ink colors when I stamped some of the flowers from the Swirly Bird stamp set. And since I knew that Peekaboo Peach was an In Color in the same family at the Flirty Flamingo, I knew I could use it for a contrasting flower color and the tones would go together.
TIP – when in doubt, stick to colors in the same color family!
I also finished it off with the super fun birthday sentiment from the retiring Balloon Adventures stamp set. I am crushed this set is retiring… but I think it is going to just work it’s way over to my permanent personal stash. It coordinates with the Balloon Bouquet punch and has such great birthday sentiments!
Want to make this card at home? Here are the project supplies:
Get more great ideas for the girls in your life!
So, please keep on hopping and check out what other great ideas the Inspire, Create, & Share gals have for you on this “It’s A Girl Thing” blog hop! Next up is Audra on our hoppy tour.
- Crafting Forever Using the New 2017-2019 In Colors! - June 22, 2017
- Top 10 Favorites from the Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog – Released Today! - June 1, 2017
- Clean and Simple Elegance Eastern Palace Card - May 25, 2017
- The 2017 Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog Product Samplers are Here! - May 24, 2017
- Daisy Delight Sneak Peek Thank You Card - May 23, 2017
- Color Blocking Card Using High Tide - May 16, 2017
- Cute Collage Stamping using Kinda Eclectic - May 11, 2017
- Spring Birthday Card Idea with Affectionately Yours Designer Paper - May 3, 2017