I remember when I first saw the Jingle all the Way stamp set and Sleigh Ride edgelits, I wasn’t sure what I thought about them. But after playing with them a bit, I think they can pull together rather stunning cards and projects… don’t you agree?
PS – these dies & stamps are on the Holiday Catalog retiring list, so make sure to grab them before they are gone!
I wanted to use these dies in a project for my Stamp Club but wanted to do something a little bit different than the normal, 3 strips of paper across the full cardfront with the die cut edges. So I got the idea in my head to go for a snowglobe effect and this card started coming together! Let me share a little about how I made it:
- I started by cutting out a circle using the Circle Framelits to use as my background piece on which I would be layering everything else. I also used that same sized circle to cut out a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, but when I cut the Crumb Cake cardstock, I also layered the NEXT-SMALLEST circle framelit inside so that I was cutting using 2 framelits at the same time, both nested together when cutting. This gave me the brown frame to go around the outside of my snow scene.
- Then it was just cutting the pieces for the different layers. You need:
– a piece of Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper
– 3 strips of Very Vanilla cardstock: 2 with the edge cut using the tree edgelits & 1 with the edge cut using the sleigh edgelit
– 1 strip of Crumb Cake cardstock with the edge cut using the sleigh edgelit.
- TIP – Use the Precision Plate when cutting out your sleigh ride edgelits! It makes them come out of the dies so much easier and WITHOUT breakage of skinny pieces of paper!
- Trim off the sleigh and horse from the Very Vanilla piece and then start layering your strips onto your Very Vanilla circle you cut out in the beginning. Trim the parts that hang over the edge of the circle and then glue the frame down!
- Then I just used my Hardwood background stamp to give a pattern to the circle I cut out from the middle of the Crumb Cake cardstock and cut it in half to place behind my main circle.
- Add the retiring Snowflake elements piece with an Iced Rhinestone in the center and you have a gorgeous scene!
If you were at the OnStage event in Vancouver, I had this card up on the almost artisan display board. And you’ll agree it is even prettier and more sparkly in person!
So, don’t forget to get the Sleigh Ride edgelits on your wishlist before they are gone! Or bump it up to the bundle and save with the Jingle All The Way bundle that includes the edgelits and coordinating stamp set!
Get your Wishlists Ready! The BIG Online Extravaganza is Coming!
I just learned the details of the big “Black Friday” sale that Stampin’ Up is holding this year. They will be starting Nov 23rd (Monday) and going through Nov 30th (the following Monday) with One-Day Doorbusters each Monday! Plus lots of awesome items for 20-50% off! I’ll be sending out email with more details and easier ways to look (not on the mailing list? join here!), but you can get a peek now using this SALE LIST:
Use Hostess Code PU2EYZJY at check out to get a special thank you from me!
Through 11/18 – Get a free Class by Mail tutorial with every $35 purchase! See all the classes by mail here