This month we are taking our cue from the Big Shot promotion going on this month and sharing with you some ideas for using this must-have tool, as well as give you some ideas for the bundles (including a holiday catalog sneak peek!) that you can get for FREE when you purchase a Big Shot this month.
But to get you started, here is my card for the hop today:
Tips for this card
- Pick a color palette and run with it! In this case, I decided on Melon Mambo (pink) and Basic Black with a touch of Whisper White for a third color. I find that the rule of threes seems to apply to colors on my cards too. I try to pick 3 colors for each card and have a really good reason if I need to add more than that.
- Another fun function of your new Blendabilities, color over a mostly black image! I stamped my image in Black & White, but thought it needed some color. So I made sure I had inked using my Momento pad so that I could color over the outer edges with my Melon Mambo blendabilities. I didn’t do any fancy shading, just different colors for different elements of the image.
- I also noticed that the background pattern of the Umpteenth Birthday image from the Oh My Goodies stamp set matched the mosaic embossing folder and so that had to find it’s way into the card as well.
- Don’t be afraid to pull things apart if it just isn’t working. I stared at this card for about 15 minutes knowing it was probably good enough but just not happy with it. I decided to be bold and us the vanilla smooch spritz but I over did it and so it just made the card worse. So I pulled up the black paper and started over again. Thankfully this time worked!
Like I mentioned, this stamp set and matching dies are part of the Stampin’ Up special this month and you can either get the bundle FREE when you puchase the Big Shot or choose to save by getting 15% off the bundle (prices listed below are after the discount.)
Ok, are you warmed up and excited yet?? Well hold on to your britches because the fun is only just begun! Keep on hopping to see what other amazing creations these wonderful members of my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers group created to share with you. Just hit the next button below and you are on your way!
Blog Hop Participants:
- Tobe B. of The Craft Sea
- Angela M of Stamp with Angela
- Stacey L. of A Work of Carte
- Pam W of Stinky Tofu
- Jennifer B. of Northwest Stamper
And if you are looking for fun ways to expand your stamping knowledge or you just want to earn some cash, we would love to have you join us on our Fun n’ Crafty stampin’ up team! Not only will you be able to see the Holiday Catalog early, but you can order from it, join in swaps with our group using it, and even hop with us next month! Learn more about the benefits of joining Stampin’ up.
July Online Stamp Club Hostess Code – TT2NETD4
Use this code to get free exclusive tutorials & project kit! Learn more
Card Supplies Used: