It’s Stamp Set Focus day over at Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration and today everyone is playing with the Amazing Birthday stamp set! I had so much fun using it for the convention display boards this summer and I love it’s versatility!
So today I’m going to shake things up a bit… I’m not sharing a card! Gasp! I know, what is wrong with me? I don’t often do 3D projects but I do have to admit I love embellishing some of the premade treat bags and boxes. Especially these Muslin Bags from Stampin’ Up because they are so soft and have such fun textures to work with. What do you think?
Tips for this project:
- You can stamp on the Muslin Bags with any of your Stampin’ Up inks, but for longer and more solid staying power, grab your Stazon Ink for best results – like I did with the cake images.
- If you are really crafty – aka have a sewing machine, which I do not – you can sew your ribbons together and even onto the bag.
If you are like me and DON’T own a sewing machine, I attached the Melon Mambo 1/8” taffeta ribbon to the Chevron Natural ribbon using Sticky Strip. Then I used hot glue to attach the Chevron ribbon to my bag. I made sure to put a piece of cardboard inside my bag while glueing just in case any glue oozed through (none did, but I wanted to be extra sure).
- I used the Banner Framelit to cut out the Thankful sentiment. Then I took that same framelit and traced the outside of the framelit shape on a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock and cut it out with scissors to create the mat piece.
- For the gold foil, layer a long strip of foil onto your banner shape and then just use your snips to cut out the banner end to match the cardstock piece underneath.
- Add subtle sparkle by dotting Dazzling Details all over the front and back of the bag. Just make sure to give it enough time to sit out to dry!
These bags would be perfect for goodie bags or thank you gifts for a birthday party or other celebration! Just mix and match your colors and you are good to go!
One Week Only!
Join my crafty crew, the Fun n’ Crafty Stampers and receive an EXTRA $25 in free product with your Starter Kit! That is $150 in goodies for only $99! If you’ve been considering starting your own business, making some money to cover your craft supplies, or just want to get your supplies at a discount, this is a great deal and an awesome time to become a member of my stamping group from across the US! Learn more here
August Online Stamp Club Hostess Code – TT2NETD4
Use this code to get free exclusive tutorials & project kit! Learn more
Project Supplies Used: