What was the stamp set in the Stampin’ Up catalog that you saw and immediately went “I have to have that!”? For me, it was the Kind Koala stamp. I didn’t have a plan or a reason for it, but I just thought it was too cute not to have. So, it went on my first order and I haven’t regretted it! I still love it, especially when coloring this little guy in with my Blendabilities markers.
Tips for making this card:
- The Kind Koala stamp set is perfect for quick cards. The image and sentiment are all one single stamp, so you can stamp, add some backing layers and be done! Added extra coloring or accessories as you have the time. 🙂
- The skin tones Blendabilities aren’t just for skin! I used them here to color in the Koala. You get a wide range of browns and peaches to work from, some of which are lighter than the Crumb Cake markers. (Plus, this week they are 25% off with the Weekly Deals!)
- Keep the rest of your card clean and simple to let the focus be on your colored Koala image. He is cute, why not let him steal the show?
- Use the In Color paper and matching In Color ribbon to have a subtle way of adding texture without too much competing colors (this card uses the pretty Lost Lagoon).
- Make adding a bow easy! Adhere one piece of ribbon around your card front and then tie a second piece of ribbon into a bow and adhere ON TOP of the first ribbon using a glue dot! It keeps everything tight and just how you like it!
- Add your favorite complimentary color for the flower and do some subtle shading with your Blendabilities. Even the littlest bits of coloring can make a big impact!
But most of all, when coloring with Blendabilities, don’t over think it!! Your images will likely turn out darker or fussier if you overthink what you are doing when you are first starting out. Just start with your lightest color and then add touches of the medium and darker color wherever you think there would be shadows or shade and a little bit of squiggles goes a long way! 🙂
Project Supplies Used: