Today I have another card from my Holly Jolly Greetings Class by Mail, it has lots of little details but I love how they come together!
A few tips for making this card:
- The candy cane striping is from the Holiday Fancy Foil designer vellum. You get 3 patterns in the pack – green foiled christmas trees, silver foiled snowflakes, and red foiled stripes. I wanted the red color for this card, but also wanted it to be striking! So, all you have to do is layer a piece of Whisper White cardstock behind your vellum and you get a bold POP of contrast between the foiled pattern and plain vellum!
- Layer your foiled vellum onto an accent piece of the full sheet of Red Foil sheets for even more shine!
- Help your sentiment stand out by popping it up on a plain white 2 1/2” Circle punch. Want to take it a step up? Grab the Updated Essentials Piercing Pack and use the circle template to pierce holes all the way around the circle. Then grab your Tip Top Taupe marker and connect the dots to create a fun Faux Stitched look.
- And since I’m so onto red right now. Why not add in more sparkle with the GORGEOUS Red Glimmer paper? Perfect for the “Jolly” from the Christmas Greetings thinlits that are bundled with the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set.
- Add some pearls in different sizes on your card to bring it all home. See those 3 pearls by the Jolly? Those are part of those strands of connected-together pearls that are always left over on your pearl or rhinestone sheets… Cut a few off and they are perfect here!
See, totally fun and don’t you love the texture that White Jute ribbon gives to the card too?
Want to make this at home? The class kit is still available! I’ll be mailing more out this weekend, so make sure your name is on the list. You’ll get pdf instructions for this and 4 other cards along with supplies to make 2 each of all 5 cards. Here are all the cards:
Oh, and I almost forgot! Today is Tuesday which means there are NEW Weekly Deals!
So, thank you Heather for the kick in the pants to get a fun new card up on the blog. Now to get the rest written and posted to share! Guess I know what I’m doing this week. I really do appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts and I love the feedback you share in comments, on my facebook page, and in email! Keep it coming!
use Hostess Code FHRCKER7 to get a special thank you from me!