Happy Valentine’s Day! I am running so far behind but I wanted to make sure to get this post up for you… not just because I have a special Valentine’s Day Promotion at the end of the post! But I also love this technique – it was one of the designer paper techinques from January’s Terrific Techniques class and I thought you might all enjoy it too.
So you see those cute hearts over the patterned paper? It is super easy to make and nothing messy is required! All you have to do is take your favorite embossing folder and run your patterned paper through the Big Shot to create the raised pattern – in this case, the happy hearts embossing folder. Once your paper is embossed, you get to take advantage of the fact that designer series paper is printed patterns on a white core paper. So you can now, take a sanding block or sand paper and gently slough off the very top of the raised pattern… which will expose the white underneath!!!
Cool huh? That’s how we made the cute little hearts!
And while we’re looking at the card picture above, how fun is that sentiment? It is from the Love & Affection stamp set and I got the set, not because I needed more flower stamps (I don’t) but because I LOVE the sentiments in the set. They are just a little bit different and really sweet. From “You make me ridiculously happy” and “you are every lovely word I could possibly think of”. And it goes so well with the pretty Affectionately Yours paper!
Finally I had to add a couple little touches like the stamp and pearl on the heart and the adorable mini paper clip. Now I’m going to get real here… I normally can never figure out how to use paper clips on card without it making wierd bumps and just looking like a forced embellishment I added to the card because I had to…. but I actually think these are fun and easy to use! They are thin enough they don’t distort the paper very much and are the perfect size to tie on some baker’s twine before adding to you card. It was simple and just right for a little something in the corner to balance everything out.
Valentine’s Day Special!
Just a little special gift from me to you! 🙂
Get 14% off your purchases today! Either contact me with your order at email@example.com or shop in my online store using hostess code 9UEXKZCV and I’ll send you a refund for the 14%! Offer good from 12 noon on 2/14-11:59 on 2/15!
Want to make this card at home? Here are the project supplies:
February Rewards Hostess Code is 9UEXKZCV
February News, Notes, and Specials!
- February Hostess Code is 9UEXKZCV – Use this code when you shop online with me and earn extra perks!
- Sale-a-Bration is here! Get even more between January 4-March 31st.
- For every $50 ordered, pick any item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog to get for FREE added to your order
- Place a $250 order or party and get an extra $25 to spend for FREE!
- BEST DEAL – if your wish list is over $100, consider getting the demonstrator starter kit and joining my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers. You get to pick out $125 in product for $99, get 20% off all your future orders, get 2 stamp sets of any value to add FREE to your kit during Sale-a-Bration, and join the amazing community of my team and demonstrators worldwide online. Get started here
Share the love!
- Color Blocking Card Using High Tide - May 16, 2017
- Cute Collage Stamping using Kinda Eclectic - May 11, 2017
- Spring Birthday Card Idea with Affectionately Yours Designer Paper - May 3, 2017
- Sending Love Card with Jars of Love - May 3, 2017
- Sneak Peek! The Eastern Palace Suite is Available Early! - May 2, 2017
- Limited Time – Build Your Stash Card Class By Mail - April 29, 2017
- Oh So Succulent for Mother’s Day! - April 27, 2017
- Flowery Thank You Card with the Fresh Fruit Stamp Set - April 19, 2017