The Christmas countdown has begun! Use this Curvy Keepsake Christmas light treat bag for a fun little giftable or table setting for all those last minute gifts for co-workers, family, and friends. I love how fast it comes together so it is perfect for whipping up when you need something quick.
Tips for making this project:
- The Curvy Keepsake die makes the perfect bulb shape! Use the Curvy Keepsake die, not for a little round box but for the perfect shape of the Christmas light bulbs. Cut two of the box dies shapes only cut off the shorter/fatter side of the die and keep the long pointed die.
- Make it look curved with sponging and a White Chalk Marker – Sponging the edges of the green bulb (I used Cucumber Crush cardstock and ink) helps give it some dimension. Then add a bit of “shine” or reflection by coloring with the White Chalk Marker to one side of the bulb.
- Create a whole strand with different colors – I made this in green, but pick your own favorite colors or create a complete strand by alternating Real Red, Cucumber Crush, Pacific Point, and Daffodil Delight. Hang them on a piece of ribbon for a holiday banner to use every year!
- Complete the look by scoring the “screw” end – Grab your favorite scalloped edge punch (I used the Scallop Square punch) and tuck in your cardstock to create the screw end. (See the video below for how to do this) Then use your score board or Stampin’ Trimmer to create scored lines to make it look even closer to the real thing!
- Finish it off with festive ribbon – Keep it together by tying a bow using some festive ribbon. Plus, this Garden Green striped ribbon (in a bundle with the Real Red striped ribbon) is also on sale in the Year-End sale! So you can save money at the same time.
Check out this video so you can try it yourself!
(reading this in email? click here to view the video)
Last minute gifts available! Grab a gift certificate today!
Use Hostess Code BEFX37ZS at check out to get a special thank you from me!
BIG Year-End Clearance Sale is on NOW! See what is on sale here.
See all the tutorials & classes by mail here