So, you see… I love cards with Vellum on them. The slightly translucent cardstock adds a touch of elegance to pretty much anything you make with it. Well, when they came out with Foiled Vellum, I thought it was super pretty, but sometimes I struggle with what to do with it. So when I saw this card I just had to put my own version together. And I have been trying to find the original card that inspired this card, turns out I forgot to save it. So if it is your card, let me know – and thank you for the lovely inspiration! Here is my version where I changed up the colors and added a couple touches…
Tips for making this card:
- The gold foiled vellum makes such a great touch – both for backgrounds as well as trim on the matching envelope! Layer it over different colored cardstock for different looks.
- Vellum can be tricky when it comes to adhering since you can usually see the adhesive through the paper. The Foiled Vellum is great because it has big pieces of the foil to hide your adhesive behind. Just DON”T USE LIQUID adhesives behind the foil! It can cause the foil to soften and wrinkle depending on how much glue you use. Much less pretty look!
- I used 2 images from the Amazing Birthday stamp set… the banner and the large sentiment. These layer together fabulously and you can even use the Banner Framelits to cut out the banner so no fussy cutting!
- Use markers to get different colors on your sentiment, or – in this case – stamp multiple times and trim out for dimensional layers! Stamp the whole image in the new Archival Black ink for a rich background. Then stamp the top of the sentiment on scrap paper in Black and the bottom of the sentiment in Calypso Coral.
- To compliment the vellum in the background, I punched out a vellum butterfly using the Elegant Butterfly punch. Notice how I added a candy dot to the center? That isn’t just a cute accent for the butterfly, it also hides a glue dot that holds the butterfly to the card front!
- Finally, I wanted to add a little bit more gold to the top of the card by putting a small strip of the 1/8th Gold Taffeta ribbon behind the popped up “make” oval.
- I always love these cards where a few items come together for a WOW of a card! And don’t forget to add a bit of the same accents to the envelope to really pull it all together!
LAST CALL Weekend for the Northwest Crafty Escape Crop!
Next weekend is my Northwest Crafty Escape Weekend and we will be having lots of fun spending the whole weekend crafting, laughing, and having a great time! I have a seat or two left, so if you were thinking of coming, RSVPs have to be in by the end of the weekend so I can get lunch orders finalized and in to the hotel for the weekend. See details and RSVP here!
use Hostess Code FHRCKER7 to get a special thank you from me!
Current Promotions and News
- The LAST CHANCE List is here!
Make sure you don't miss your favorites before they are gone forever. SEE WHAT IS RETIRING
If you have any questions, give me a holler at firstname.lastname@example.org!