I’ve been planning on this class for a while and I’m finally running it here locally on Friday (if you are in the Seattle area and want to join me, today is the last day to RSVP for Friday’s class!) But I’m also offering this as a class by mail and just love how the cards turned out! Check them out:
All the cards feature the Guy Greetings Stamp Set & Adventure Bound designer paper stack from the Occasions Catalog and you can fill in the inside to make them work for Father’s Day, Birthday, Congrats and more for those guys in your life!
Details for joining me for this class in person or as a class by mail (including Instructions Only option) are below. I’d love to have you play along!
I thought I’d share one of my favorite cards from the set… this red classic car card. Lots of fun layers without being too fussy or overdone don’t you think?
Tips for making this card:
- I love mixing and matching from the Adventure Bound designer paper stack. Each paper gives you photo realistic prints on one side and guy friendly prints on the other. Here I mixed a red plaid and a red pin stripe pattern, giving you cool subtle striping on the card front.
Note – this paper stack is only available until June 2nd, so if you love it, make sure you grab it soon!
- tip – When adhering your burlap ribbon to your paper, I find it is often easier to run my tape runner onto the back of the *paper* instead of directly onto the ribbon. The burlap texture sometimes has a hard time holding the adhesive right off the runner.
- Layer your sentiment over the bottom edge of your paper with the car image to get a bit of dimension but also keep everything focused in one place.
- Oh and sponging, seriously, I can’t live without sponging my edges it seems! For all my cards in this set, we sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink using a sponge dauber for just the right touch of vintage.
- And this card would work great for a birthday card, thank you card, father’s day card, anything you need. Just add your custom sentiment to the inside and you are done!
Want to make all of these cards?
You can join me in person if you are in the Seattle area
All About Guys Masculine Card Class
Friday 5/22 at Panera in Redmond starting at 7pm
RSVP here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – RSVP’s are due TODAY!
Or sign up for my class by mail! Included in the class kits are:
- 20 notecards & envelopes (so you have spares as you are working & can come up with your own creations!)
- a pack of the Adventure Bound designer paper pack(the needed pieces for these cards will be precut for you)
- all extra papers and embellishments precut
- pdf instructions for all 7 cards
- shipping anywhere in the US
- Optional Add on – SAVE 15% when you order with the class! – Guy Greetings Stamp set
Have the supplies but just want the instructions? I’ll be emailing those out starting Thursday so get your name on the list today!
Project Supplies Used: