I’ll be the first to admit that sometimes you want to make a cute card but have NO IDEA what to create. So what’s person to do? Why hit up Pinterest and blogs… and if you are a Stampin’ Up demonstrator, check out the sample projects Stampin’ Up has created and shared for us to use! Today’s card was one that I saw during the new catalog preorder and I LOVED the use of the new lace trim that I had to make it myself. Isn’t it cute?
Tips for making this card:
- Don’t be afraid to grab that watercolor paper! If you haven’t ever ordered some, you would not be disappointed if you picked some up for cards like this (and so many others!). The awesome thing about watercolor paper is that you can keep adding color or going back over an area to get it right and your paper will stay flat, not pill up, and take the color awesomely!
- When watercoloring you will want to make sure you have: Stazon black ink (for stamping the outline image), an Aqua Painter (for coloring in your image using everyday water – got to love that they are refillable!), watercolor paper, and your favorite dye-based ink pad (like any of the Stampin’ Up classic pads).
- I colored with Mint Macaron for the flower head, Delightful Dijon, and Old Olive for the stem.
- And btw – isn’t this You’ve Got This stamp set perfect for watercoloring??
- The lace trim is wide… like 1” wide, but that doesn’t mean you have to use it full width! Try tucking it under a layer and just peeking out for a cute effect.
- Add some subtle sparkle with gold or silver baker’s twine and then finish with a pop of color with the new In Color Blossoms.
Well, today is the day that some of my Fun n’ Crafty team members are coming over as we stamp, chat, and get our swaps all finished up for convention next week! I’m so excited and can’t wait to hit Salt Lake City next week to say hello to so many friends I haven’t seen in a while and get to share the awesome experience of convention for the first time with many in my group. It will be a blast!
Don’t forget to follow me over on Facebook for real time posts and then stop by the blog each morning as I share a recap of the prior day.
And if you want to take advantage of the fabulous starter kit deal (get $125 in anything you want for only $99 plus free shipping!) you automatically be a part of my Fun n’ Crafty group – be in on the sharing I’ll be doing on our team Facebook group, PLUS have access to LIVE STREAMING from convention at all the main stage presentations! So if you can’t be there in person, you can be there virtually for part of it for free.
our convention 2014 crew! Our group is over 50 people strong though and all over the US! Come join our community – we’d love to have you! Join us today
Project Supplies Used: