I know I shared a card yesterday using the Lovely Amazing You stamp set for Walkthrough Wednesday (you can see the card and video instructions here)… so I hope you don’t mind me sharing another idea for you using that same stamp set! You get the added bonus of a few fun techniques with this one too, so it is just all kinds of happy!
Tips for making this card:
- First lets talk about the green striped paper. Notice that it is darker on the bottom than the top? Well you do now! That is because it is embossed paper that is inked! You can either stamp an image with versamark ink and then heat emboss with clear embossing powder…. or do it the easy way and get pre-embossed paper! This was the Irresistably Yours paper from Sale-a-Bration 2015, but you can do the same thing using the new Color me Irresistable paper in the current catalog!
BONUS! The Color Me Irresistable paper is on sale as part of the weekly deals this week! So get it at 30% off… I ordered mine yesterday so don’t forget to get yours!
- Once you have a clear embossed image, just sponge over with your favorite color of ink. In this case, we used those big yellow sponges (these ones) and started sponging at the bottom for the darkest color and kept sponging upward so that as the ink started to run out on the sponge, it got lighter on our paper.
- See that cool cheveron in the background? Nope – not a stamp! It’s an embossing folder! Use sponge daubers to ink spots on an embossing folder (the raised side) and then spritz with water before using that as a stamp onto watercolor paper. You get awesomely cool colors and designs and they are different everytime.
- And the 2-1.2” Circle punch makes a great frame to show off your cool embossing folder stamped paper and to highlight those great sentiments from the Lovely Amazing You stamp set.
- Finally, these feathers are the same ones we used yesterday and come from the Lovely Amazing You stamp set. I stamped first in Island Indigo on a piece of scrap paper and then stamped AGAIN on more scrap paper to create the two colors of feathers.
- Yes, you have to cut them out by hand… but take a deep breath and enjoy the zen relaxation that comes over you as you focus on the paper and the art of snipping.
- Add a little bow of silver baker’s twine (adhered with a glue dot) and you are good to go!
So if you missed the card yesterday, this is another idea using the same stamp set:
And like I mentioned yesterday, this super awesome stamp set is only guaranteed to be available for a little less than a month (through August 10th) so consider getting your copy – plus maybe the fun emboss resist paper, Color Me Irresistible from the weekly deals.
So, I hope you enjoyed today’s card. I promise to do a video soon showing how I did that stamping with an embossing folder technique because it is just too awesome not to share!
Now I’m off to work on more swaps for Convention! Make sure you are following me over on my Facebook page to get the realtime, as they happen, photos and news postings of all the happenings in Salt Lake!
Project Supplies Used: