I got this Mother’s Love stamp set a while back but have only recently started playing with it. I have to admit, it is a lot of fun and the sketchy line art designs give you a lot of options to play with. Today though, I wanted to share one of the cards we will be doing on Friday for my Crafty Card Night inspired by my friend Julie Davison
Tips for making this card:
- Use the littler stamps in a stamp set to make a coordinating background for your card. Like in this case, I stamped the line art flower head in Strawberry Slush onto the Strawberry Slush card base.
- Photopolymer stamps ROCK for sets where you want to stamp an outline (the big flower next to the sentiment) and an inside filler color (the filler of the leaves and flower petals) because it is SO EASY to see exactly where you are stamping.
- Bonus! Because this stamp set is sketchy line art, if you don’t line things up exactly, it still looks like it was supposed to be this way. I love perfectly imperfect card designs because they take the pressure off!
- Add a little glitz to your card with some glimmer paper and a border punch!
NOTE – This scalloped edge border punch is retiring and while supplies last! It is such a staple in my craft room that if you don’t have it yet, you totally should grab it before it is gone.
- Don’t forget the inside – this stamp set makes it easy for you by giving you a sentiment to go inside. I just gussied it up by adding some filled in flowers (yes that is a separate stamp then what I used on the outside of the card) along the bottom of my stamped insides.
Seriously, too much fun with this set!
And if you want to come make it with me, don’t forget to RSVP to my class on Friday! We are making 3 fun cards with envelopes and always have a great time.
Project Supplies Used:
Easy shopping anytime! Click the images below to see the item in the online store.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog