Nothing like some Christmas cards to start getting me in the mood for the holiday season! The late fall/winter time is my favorite time of the year! Yes, there is Christmas and even my birthday, but I just love all the joy that is everywhere, the twinkling lights, the shimmer and sparkle that you see everywhere. Today the Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration girls are sharing some Christmas card joy and this is my card I wanted to share:
Isn’t it so cheery?! I love how easy this stamp set is to make these fun wreaths. You get three stamps that each add a little bit more to the wreath:
- The leaves of the wreath
- A few accent leaves of the wreath
- The berries for the wreath
Plus there are handle guides ON THE STAMP that help you line up everything just right!
I was going to try to explain lining it all up, but I realized you would be so much better served by a video, so I’ll put one together for you very soon!
Tips for making this card:
- I like to start with a white 3.5”x3.5” piece of white scrap paper and stamp your image with all the leaves so that the guide (an extra “tail” of the photopolymer stamp) is pointed towards one corner.
- Stamp your second image with the accent leaves over the top with it’s guide pointing towards the same corner (using the corners helps you remember how to line up your stamps)
- The berries, just stamp however looks nice to you!
- Keep it simple by using the matching framelits (Wonderful Wreath – and you might as well get the bundle, because you know you will want it and then you get 15% off both!) to cut out the wreath with both the inside and outside cutting at the same time.
- And just cut out some cardstock with the included bow framelit to make a pretty bow! Add a pearl for extra bling.
- The sentiment even fits inside the fabulous Decorative Label punch.
Make this at my Holiday Card Stamp-a-Stack!
If you are coming to my Holiday Card Stamp-a-Stack, you’ll get to make 3 of this card; so you’ll get lots of practice lining up your wreaths. There is still time to RSVP if you’d like to come!
Holiday Card Stamp-a-Stack #1
Jennifer’s House in Bellevue, WA
10/18/2014 at 1pm
Make 12 cards – 3 each of 4 designs with envelopes for only $25
They will be lots of ideas that you can replicate if you want to make more!
(Holiday Card Stamp-a-Stack #2 with more card ideas will be Nov 15th)
And don’t forget to check out the Stylin Stampin’ Inkspiration blog for even more fun holiday card ideas!
Card Supplies Used:
click on any of the photos below for more details and easy shopping!
One response to “Sweet and Simple Christmas Card with Wondrous Wreath”
This really is a great set. I should buy it. I really like how you used the wood-grain embossing folder for the background.