Yesterday I posted my Green Card Challenge – where I challenged you to create a card that only uses greens and neutrals and then link them up for fun and prizes. So, I thought I would play along with my challenge and make something to share as well! So this is my creation:
Everyone is loving the Sheer Perfection Vellum that is one of the free Sale-a-Bration items that was released at the beginning of March. I finally received mine and wanted to play and while this card turned into something totally different than the original plan, I was so excited to discover the idea for making your own plaid with the vellum!
Tips for making this card:
- You can customize your Sheer Perfection vellum by coloring with your Stampin’ Write markers over the parts of the pattern you want colored. In this case, I took some of the striped paper and colored over the slash lines using my Mossy Meadow marker.
- Make your pattern plaid by laying one piece of the striped paper horizontally over the same patterned going vertically. Because they are printed on vellum, you will be able to see through and have both patterns show at the same time!
- How to glue your vellum – with printed vellum like this, use the 2-way glue pen to ink behind the strips. This gives you lots of holding power without showing through!
- When doing a monochromatic card, mix and match your inks and embellishments for different shades of the same color to keep it interesting. Here I used the Mossy Meadow ribbon as a base and then had loopy flourishes of the Pistachio Pudding twine behind my sentiment to pull in the card base color.
- You can also stamp directly onto the vellum. When you stamp on top it gives it a bolder color but you still get subtle bits of the underlying pattern coming through.
Don’t forget, you can only get this Sheer Perfection vellum through the end of the month as part of Sale-a-bration – it’s free with your $50 order!
Your Turn! Join me for my card challenge!
Make a card using only greens and neutrals and post it up HERE. You have until monday 3/23 and for fun I’ll draw someone randomly to get a small prize from my stash here. I can’t wait to see what everyone creates!
Project Supplies Used:
Easy shopping anytime! Click the images below to see the item in the online store
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog