Did you see? Did you see?? Today is another video this week! I’m planning on getting back into videos and tutorials again and aim to have a new video project for you each Wednesday. Sweet, right?!
Today I wanted to share with you this cool technique I’m calling Water Drop Bokeh! Check it out:
See that colored blobby area? It is just masked and sponged area of the Whisper White cardbase! So it is easy and perfectly customizable to any project you want!
Tips for making this card:
- Use your Grid Paper to help make sure you are masking off straight and even lines across your white card base (in this case they are at 1” from the top and 2 1/4” from the top)
- Sponge Daubers will give you rich color which helps make the technique turn out better because concentration of ink on your paper is key!
- Swirl on your favorite colors of dye-based ink (all Stampin’ Up Classic Ink pads are dye based) on Whisper White cardstock
- Use an Aqua Painter to drop bits of water onto your sponged area – from just the tip of the Aqua Painter for small circles to squeezing out full drops for bigger circles
- Let it start to air dry and then you can stamp over the top almost immediately to create cool, layered effects.
- Mix and match your stamp sets, like in this case Everything Eleanor for the bird and swirl, and A Dozen Thoughts for the sentiments
- Each card you make will be different, but that is what makes it fun!
Want to see how it is done? Check out this Video Tutorial as I walk you through making the full card step by step. Then, let me know what you think and if you like this style of video so I know what to do more of.
(If you are viewing this in email, check out the video here)
- NEW Weekly Deals! Check them out here
- Retiring Stamps (many 25% off)
- Check out 50% off retiring papers, tools, and accessories!
- Up to 80% off clearance rack finds!
Project Supplies Used: