Welcome! Today is another blog hop and I am hoping with my team… yay! The Fun n’ Crafty stampers have pulled together some projects to share that is all about sparkle and shine. So we are posting ideas for using those glimmer papers, glitter ribbons, foils, etc. In fact, today I have 3 different sparkly products in 1 card so you can see how well they mix and match too!
I mean, lets be honest… we all have our favorite way to put glitz on our projects, Some folks LOVE their glimmer papers, others LOVE their rhinestones, still others it is all about the Foil sheets. Personally, I collect shiny things but always am so hesitant to use them up that I use just a little on this project or just a touch here.
EMBRACE THE SHINE!
I’m just going to say, trying mixing and matching and you’ll end up having a lot of fun!
So, this all started with the Merriest Wishes stamp set and coordinating framelits. I had been playing around with different combinations of layering the stamp images. I ended up with misc pieces and decided to turn this ornament into a less traditional combination for a Christmas card! I used the 1 3/4″ and 1 1/4″ circle punches to cut out the Navy 25 circle and the Smoky Slate detailed circle… and they layered perfectly onto the ornament die cut from the Merry Tags framelit set.
But where is the glitz in that? Well, let me tell you!
- Tie on some sparkle! I added the Real Red and the Red Tinsel Baker’s twine from the Candy Cane Lane baker’s twine pack as a bow at the top of my ornament. The red tinsel in the red/white twine is subtle, but cute.
- Grab some glimmer paper! Then I wanted to add some extra round shapes to balance the ornament, so I stamped and cut out a Real Red circle image and then went straight to the Silver Glimmer paper and cut out the same sized circle. In both cases, I used the circle framelit from the Merry Tags die set.
- Stretch your sparkle with Glitter ribbon! I had used a piece of the Fancy Frost embossed designer paper as my big white strip (I just loved the subtle embossing), but thought one more bit of shine was in order, so just grab some of the great glitter ribbons (like this 3/8″ glitter ribbon combo pack in the Holiday Catalog) and wrap it around your designer paper piece before gluing it to the card front.
So, it was a fun way to play around and mix and match my sparkle. I would say, if you are going to try to mix them up, pick one as your main focus… in this case, it was the Glitter Ribbon that was the big in-your-face shine. And then use the other pieces more as accent pieces. So a small touch of glimmer paper, and a bit of the baker’s twine… or maybe a couple rhinestones or sequins. Play with it and see what you get!
Now, if you are looking for more ideas, check out more ideas as part of the Fun n’ Crafty blog hop
Fun n’ Crafty Blog Hop stops:
- Tobe B – The Craft Sea
- Christine Szekeres – Artful Musings
- Pamela Wu – Stinky Tofu
- Kathy Thisted – Stampablog
- Jennifer Blomquist – Northwest Stamper <— YOU ARE HERE!
- Danielle Elvin – Going to Collage
December Hostess Code – FUYTBWNK
Use this month’s hostess code when you shop with me and receive a cute thank you card in the mail. Plus get the current Premium Tutorial Pack FREE with your $50+ purchase! Learn More
December’s pack is all about using those Holiday Catalog stamps for NON-Holiday projects! Stretch your stamps for more versatility!
- Night of Navy cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Fancy Frost designer paper – 2″ x 5 1/2″
- Whisper White cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 1″
- 3/8″ Glitter Ribbon (silver) – 6″
- Scraps – Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer paper
Project Supply List
4 responses to “Three types of Sparkle- One Card! Merriest Wishes Silver Sparkle Card”
I love your card! I really debated using the Merriest Wishes stamps and dies so I’m glad I ended up choosing something different. Yours is the perfect combination of glitz, layers, and textures! I love it!
Very patriotic! 😉
I like the piece of embossed vellum in the background. I appreciate your strategic use of just enough glitz and am trying to incorporate that into my own cards more.
Very fun card and one I want to case! love it!
These are so adorable!