Yay, I’m back with a project to share with you! Over on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration some of the girls are sharing their favorite items from the Stampin’ Up catalog and I had to get in on the action and share a newly re-discovered favorite of mine – the Thinlit Flip Card Dies!
See, I schedule these technique classes each month but usually have NO IDEA what samples I’m going to be doing in the classes until about a week or so out from the class.
(Yes, I know I should get better that the whole idea of preplanning and premaking my class samples… I totally will…. someday….)
But as I was working on the samples for Monday’s Beyond the Basic Flip Card class, I was creating different variations of default Label flip card and the Circle flip card – and holy cow was it super fun!!!
I love that this type of card is so easy to make thanks to the dies. I mean, seriously, you get this super crazy cool flipping action and all it takes is one run through the Big Shot?! Scoring and detailed cutting is done — SOLD! Seriously, once I started playing with variations, I ran out of time before I could make them all.
This card was actually a left over “oops” card where I didn’t mean to cut it short the way I did. So, when closed it is basically a 4-1/4” x 4-1/4” card.
To make a Square Flip Card:
- Cut your paper to 4-1/4” x 11” (you are actually going to end up with a chunk cut off the end, but you can save it and use it in a different project, right? )
- Turn it so the short end is lined up in the upper, left corner of the framelit and the long edge is going along the top of the thinlit die.
- There will be a gap between the bottom of your cardstock and the bottom of the thinlit die.
- Run it through your Big Shot (or other die cutting machine) and it cuts and scores it all for you!
- Decorate and you are done!
I had fun pairing my cut outs (the I <3 U comes with the flip card die) with the little heart stamp and punch from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack and Pictogram Punches stamp set
Stampin’ Up! Supplies Used:
- Label Thinlit Flip Card Die
- Big Shot
- Moonlight Designer Paper
- Neutral Candy Dots
- Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack
- Pictogram Punches stamp set
- Yippee Skippee stamp set
- Cardstock – Basic Grey, Hello Honey, Cherry Cobbler
- Ink – Basic Grey, Cherry Cobbler
If you are coming to my Beyond the Basic Flip Card class (6/30 at 7pm), you’ll be doing a variation on this specific card, only with an added twist! You’’ll love it! Don’t forget to RSVP if you haven’t already.
Not local? I’m putting together an online class with videos and pdfs going over all the variations we’ll be talking about in class! Shoot me a message if you want to be notified when the class is ready to go (hopefully very soon).
And just a reminder… this weekend only.
June Online Stamp Club Hostess Code – ACANDKB4
Use this code to get free exclusive tutorials & project kit! Learn more