I got a reminder email last night that told me today was the last day to place orders from the Occasions Mini catalog and I had to pull out my calendar to check…. how in the heck did we hit the end of April already?!?
Like these awesome items are going away, and while I have my fingers crossed that they will make it into the next major catalog, I have no way of knowing if they will or not.
Seriously, what will I do without the:
|Mixed Bunch Stamp Set||Blossom Punch||Pleated Satin Ribbon|
And then there is Summer Smooches. The Fabric brads have already sold out, but the paper, stamp set, fabric, and digital designs are around for today only. Then they get stored away until the new catalog comes out.
I thought I’d share with you a card I made recently as a thank you for an order. I knew she liked bright colors so I thought I would play off the colors in the Summer Smooches designer paper.
I used the retiring Dot, Dot, Dot stamp to make the dotted background in Real Red ink and took a Real Red strip of cardstock and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch to punch out the edges (I just punched out the scallop ribbon and then cut it in half and used each half with the scallops pointing in-wards.)
I also played a bit with my corner rounder punch to curve the opposite corners of each piece of designer paper (and Daffodil Delight cardstock) to play into the pattern and shape of the flowers on the paper. And then I just popped up each piece with some Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Oh, and I just realized I used the sentiment from the Thank You Kindly set, another stamp set that is retiring this year. Sigh… so many great stamp sets headed for retirements. I’m so sad they are going but am hoping that means even cooler stamps are headed our way with the new catalog!
So, if you haven’t gotten everything you wanted from the Occasions Mini or Summer Smooches, don’t delay!
Are you earning your Northwest Stamper Rewards? Every order gets you closer to your FREE stamp set! Click here to learn more!
- Crafting Forever Using the New 2017-2019 In Colors! - June 22, 2017
- Top 10 Favorites from the Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog – Released Today! - June 1, 2017
- Clean and Simple Elegance Eastern Palace Card - May 25, 2017
- The 2017 Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog Product Samplers are Here! - May 24, 2017
- Daisy Delight Sneak Peek Thank You Card - May 23, 2017
- Color Blocking Card Using High Tide - May 16, 2017
- Cute Collage Stamping using Kinda Eclectic - May 11, 2017
- Spring Birthday Card Idea with Affectionately Yours Designer Paper - May 3, 2017