Sometimes I see a card online that I LOVE and totally inspire me. Today was inspired by a card I saw by Michelle Long and I had to play around with the idea! Because you know me and my deep love of clean and simple cards!
It is a fun take on the spotlight technique with the details of the tree framed in the middle of the card.
Tips for making this card:
- The Sheltering Tree stamp set lets you take this one design and make it perfect for any season! Use Blushing Bride tree leaves to make a pretty cherry blossom tree, or grab your Crushed Curry or Delightful Dijon to make it a pretty autumn image!
- Stamp you tree leaves on the upper right corner of your card base…I found I needed to stamp it 2x to get wide enough coverage of the leaves. You can check it is enough coverage by periodically placing your center mat cardstock down to see how many leaves are showing.Dimensions for this card:
– Card base = 4 1/4” x 11”
– Brown mat = 2 5/8” x 2 5/8”
– White center cardstock = 2 1/2” x 2 1/2”
- When you keep the rest of the card muted with light Subtles colors, give it is a POP with a bright colored flower, like the one from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. Add a rhinestone in the center and it is just cute, cute, cute!
What would you do with a $100 Shopping Spree?
June Bonus Drawings & Tickets!
As I do a final push to try to earn a Mediterranean Cruise from Stampin’ Up, I’m doing 2 bonus drawings in June! Earn your tickets this week and you’ll not only be entered for the grand prize drawing but these bonus drawings and any others throughout the summer!
- June 23rd – I’ll draw for one person to win 50% off any item in the catalog
- June 30th – I’ll draw for one person to with a free stamp set!
For every $100 in Stampin’ Up product purchased June 15-June 30
in person or online with the hostess code ZKGTCW6U) = get 5 bonus tickets
And if you are looking for some great deals while you are shopping, check out this weeks Weekly Deals-
Project Supplies Used: