I’ll admit, I’m a sucker for airplane stamps. Doesn’t matter if they are vintage or jet liners… I LOVE travel stamps and especially flying stamps. So, when I saw the Sky is the Limit stamp set in the Sale-a-Bration catalog, I knew I HAD to have it! It was one of the first I picked.
Fun fact about me – I actually have my pilot’s license. As does my husband, my father, my grandparents, and my dad’s siblings! So, you could say we are a flying family.
Well, today, I thought I would share another idea using this neat stamp set – my January thank you cards!
Jennifer’s Project Tips:
- Don’t forget your die-cuts! I mention this as my first tip, because I had designed the base of this card (the yellow/black/white with clouds) and I knew I wanted to add the airplane in the middle, but I was stuck because I knew stamping in the middle would get lost and I wanted to do something different than cutting out the plane like I did on this card. Then it hit me! Why not use a die cut shape to layer on top? So Deco Label Thinlit it is!
Don’t have this die set? Any of the larger shapes will do, this just happened to be perfect for both the airplane and the sentiment.
- It’s the little touches that count – In this case, I wanted to add a couple more touches to keep the card from getting boring. So I added some of my favorite touches:
– sponge the edges of die cuts and layers to soften them up and help them blend in with the rest of the card
– Use some fun ribbon to peek out for a great touch of texture, like this awesome Pool Party Glitter Ribbon!
– Oh, and don’t forget a little pearl or rhinestone for the center of the propeller!
- Choose the right black ink for the job – I don’t know if you can really tell in the picture at the top of the post, but that airplane is BLACK…
not grey-black, not purple-black, black-black.
And if you are like me, it is so nice to find a black ink that ISN’T Stazon that is a great rich black! I’m using the new Archival Basic Black ink from Stampin’ Up (as I always do when I am using my red rubber stamps) and it is perfect for this card, but check out the little guide to which black ink I choose for which of my projects
(tip – click on the image to see it bigger and for printing )
Have fun mixing and matching shapes and colors and great things will happen!
Fun new things are coming! Are you on my list?
If you aren’t on my newsletter mailing list, you are missing out on some great tutorials, first access to some of my promotions and specials, and lots of inspiration. I’m working on some new offerings and can’t wait to share them as I finish them up and would love to be able to share them with you.
Hop on over to my mailing list sign up and in a few quick clicks you will be on my VIP list.
>>> Get signed up here <<<
Use Hostess Code PGHMVNJM at check out to get a special thank you from me!
Pick a FREE item with every $50 you spend! See the Sale-a-Bration catalog.
See all the tutorials & classes by mail here