What do you get when you’ve made a bunch of projects but then totally slacked off on sharing them on the blog? A mad dash to start posting them all so you can see the fun ideas while you can actually still get the products if you want to make it yourself. Novel idea, huh? 😉
Today I wanted to share a card that I made for my Stamp Club that was inspired by a card by Kim Williams. I loved the basics of her card and just simplified it down to this version which I think is just so pretty!
This is a great thank you card… or really anything you want card! I love the simplicity of layering the white scalloped oval behind the white stamped oval. Its like a delicate touch that was easy peasy to do thanks to the Layering Ovals framelits. Plus it was a great way to show off some of the great patterned papers and ribbon without taking away from the main image.
Tips for making this Fresh Fruit Thank You card:
- The Fresh Fruit stamp set isn’t just for fruit! I always think of that stamp set when I want a summery strawberry or peach, but it has great flower images too! I used some of the 2016-2017 In Colors to create my flower: Dapper Denim for the petals and Emerald Envy for the leaves.
- Pick different textures of ribbon to layer together – I loved both the burlap ribbon and the Dapper Denim ruched ribbon… so why not combine the two? When you have bold textures or colors, they look great layered together in combination with a lot of white space (like the big white background).
- Use those pattern papers that you aren’t sure how to use! I had the Playful Palette designer paper stack, but wasn’t sure how to use some of the deco patterns. Turns out, when you match colors in a clean and simple card, a little piece can make a big impact! Grab a 1 1/2″ x 4″ piece of the patterned paper and layer it behind the ribbons for a cute pattern without the bulk of one more ribbon.
- Grab retiring items before they are gone! The following items are on the discontinued list and all but the stamp set are while supplies last
Want to make this card at home? Here are the project supplies:
- Pretty Project Accents with Stacked Die Cuts - March 7, 2018
- Congratulations or Birthday Card – You Decide! - January 17, 2018
- 2018 Stampin’ Up Occasion Catalog Product Samplers! - January 9, 2018
- So Much Crafting Cuteness for the New Year! - January 4, 2018
- Meet the Stampin’ Up Stamparatus! - November 16, 2017
- Limited Time Promotions are on NOW! - October 9, 2017
- Quick and Easy Halloween Treat Bags – Fun n’ Crafty Blog Hop - September 28, 2017
- All About Carols of Christmas – a blog hop - July 30, 2017