Last week I had my Blendabilities technique class and it was a lot of fun. As I’ve mentioned before, one of my favorite things about running a technique class is not only to I get to share some really fun ideas and tips with others, but I also spend a lot of time reminding myself and learning more about the technique and really spending a lot of time playing around. And let me tell you… playing around with Blendabilities is AWESOME!
You do have your Blendabilties already, right?
This was one of the cards everyone did and it showed off using Blendabilities 3 different ways including:
- coloring in a stamped image using shading (the flower)
- coloring in white space on a black stamped image (words in the starburst sentiment)
- and coloring in designer paper for a really great effect (the pattern paper strip across the card front).
BAM! 3 techniques – 1 card!
Tips for this card:
- When coloring with Blendabilities, I like to start with the lightest color first and color in all or almost all of the image and then start building up with the darker colors to shade in and get tone and dimension to your image.
- Don’t forget you can color in stamped images – just scribble over the black ink and white spaces… the marker coloring will fade into the black image and pop out on the white spaces.
- And if you have designer paper that seems a bit plain or boring to you, spice it up by grabbing your Blendabilties and start shading! I started with this black and white pattern:
Then I shaded half of the diamond shape with the lightest color of the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities and then shaded about 1/4 of the shape from the right with the medium shade. And then finally just added a dab of the darkest color.
I’m also sharing this card as part of the Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration Stamp Set Spotlight! They are sharing a number of cards using the Starburst Sayings stamp set which is what I used for that fabulous main greeting. Plus, don’t you think the starburst is just so much more fun and interesting on a card than a plain circle? Sometimes you just need those spikey bits.
Enjoy all the ideas!
Hostess Code: C2HYWWQM Use this Hostess Code and receive a free gift! (Please do not use the Hostess Code if your order is $150 or more)
Card Supplies Used:
One response to “Blendabilities Technique Fun with Starburst Sayings”
This is so great, Jennifer!! When I first looked at this card I wondered where this DSP came from. What a fun idea to use Blendabilities to make it unique! I also love how you used so many stamp sets together.