Way back at Stampin’ Up OnStage in April, I was given the Moroccan Nights stamp set (love the perks of getting free stamps when you go to demonstrator events! ). But the problem was, it wasn’t a stamp set I had really looked at before or thought was my style. Which meant it sat on my shelf for a loooong time. But sometimes we all need a challenge to grab that stamp set that is collecting dust and see what we can create with it. You may be surprised, like I was, at what cool things can result.
Turns out, this stamp set makes AWESOME backgrounds for your cards. I kept it really simple for this card and used the large image from the set for my central image in Crushed Curry and then turned it and stamped the corners using the SAME IMAGE only this time with Cajun Craze. Turns out pretty cool, huh? I just eyeballed it because I have the sticker on the back of my cling mount stamps, but if you wanted to get really precise, I would grab the Stamp-a-ma-jig and use that for exact placement.
Tips and Tricks for this project:
- Banner sentiments made easy! I grabbed my Thoughtful Branches stamp set and matching banner punch (yes! you can get them as a discounted bundle as well!) to quickly stamp the outline shape, the sentiment, and 1-2-punch you are done!
- Grab those markers to create perfectly matched accents – I used my Cajun Craze and Dapper Denim markers to color in one of the lanterns from the same Moroccan Lights stamp set to match the colors of the card. Then just some quick snips to fussy cut it out and I can layer it with a Stampin’ Dimensional over the sentiment.
- Pearls are perfect for stepping it up! It doesn’t stand out and grab your attention, but those little pearls I added to the Curry image, really makes a BIG difference when you are holding this card in person. Make placement even easier when you pick up the pearls off the accent sheet with the tip of a paper piercer, no pearls flying willy-nilly!
Finally, I just sponged the edges of the stamped cardstock with Soft Suede to help distress it just enough to all come together. Well, and the fact that you know me and you know I can’t do a card without reaching for my Stampin’ Dimensionals OR my sponge daubers!
October Online Stamp Club Hostess Code – YG62GG6C
Get free exclusive tutorials each month and even get the supplies in a Make & Take kit with your order over $40 when you use the monthly hostess code!
- Very Vanilla cardstock – 4”x4”, scraps
- Dapper Denim cardstock – 4 1/4” x 4 1/4”