Sometimes I love getting out all the layers and accessories for my cards… and sometimes I like keeping it simple and not needing too much for my project. Today’s card is one of the latter! When I’m feeling overwhelmed in life, it is nice to be able to feel accomplished and that I can get something done that looks great but I don’t have to think too hard or have a million supplies out on my desk. Can you relate?
Tips for making this card:
- Pick your favorite color and pair it with Whisper White and you are off to a good start! in this case, I used the new Mint Macaron as my main color because it is so soft and fresh.
- When using the crosshatch background stamp that comes with the You’ve Got This stamp set, I like to “stamp off” my inked stamp onto scrap paper first before stamping it onto my card. This makes the image lighter so that my main image (the flower) shows up better)
- Try stamping that background image just on the top of the card where your flower head will be instead of behind the entire flower so that you have a clean space for your sentiment.
- Stamp the flower in Black and then color in the center with the Delightful Dijon marker for just a hint of complimentary color.
- Pop your stamped and matted layers up with Stampin’ Dimensionals for a little depth to your card.
REMINDER – TODAY is the Last Day to be Signed up to get the July Paper Pumpkin kit!
They check their subscription counts today and then start mailing around the 15th, so if you aren’t signed up or you haven’t activated your prepaid subscription, make sure you have done so by the end of today!
Here is what they sent us last month (you had enough supplies to make 8 total cards):
As the kit comes out, I’ll be sharing my project ideas on my new Paper Pumpkin Fun facebook group and may try to do another video like I did last month.
Get signed up for your subscription here
Project Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Current Promotions and News
- The LAST CHANCE List is here!
Make sure you don't miss your favorites before they are gone forever. SEE WHAT IS RETIRING
If you have any questions, give me a holler at firstname.lastname@example.org!