If you missed it yesterday, the new 2015 Stampin’ Up annual catalog launched yesterday and so today we are in full swing of everything ramped up and ready to go with all the changes that come with the new catalog. If you haven’t seen yours yet, here is the link to the new catalog and to my new catalog walkthrough video that went up on my YouTube channel yesterday.
See the new catalog PDF | Check out my new catalog walkthrough on YouTube!
But not only is the new catalog here but it is once again time for another Fun n’ Crafty Stampers Blog Hop! We were supposed to be mixing products from the new catalog with items from the prior catalog… you know, the good ol’ mixing of old and new. And I can tell you, the new products do that great, especially the new In Colors! So, while I got a little excited playing with my new stuff, I did at least mix in some old colors and my 2-1/2” circle punch to do a bit of old and new. So it counts, right?
Triple Banner Punch + Cherry on Top paper + Sprinkles of Life stamp set = a Bright Birthday Card!
As I was working on this card, I got inspired to put together a whole Card Class by Mail around this super duper awesome stamp set – so this is card 1 from my new Sprinkles of Life card class by mail!
Tips for making this card:
- The new “Banner Triple Punch” or as I call it, the Triple Banner punch, makes these banners come together super easy. Sure, it doesn’t take that long to trim paper ends by hand with your scissors, but after using this, I can tell how great it is to not have to worry about being a little off… or wanting to go quick because I want to have 2 or 3 banner ends per card!
- Use the color palatte of your designer paper to get you started! In this case, I pulled the Crushed Curry ink, Watermelon Wonder, and Bermuda Bay from the Cherry on Top designer paper pack. It really pulls everything together!
- The Sprinkles of Life stamp set gives you a TON of options for your projects
– especially when you add in the Tree Builder punch. Because then suddenly you get so much dimension for your clouds, trees, and cupcakes!
- Sponge the edges of your banners to help them POP and keep from blending into one another. It use Crushed Curry as a bright alternative to my typical browns.
- Get more control and a better sponged edge when you use a Sponge Dauber for your inking as opposed to direct to inkpad or the yellow sponges.
- Don’t be afraid to stamp onto non-traditional colors! I don’t think of Watermelon Wonder and Bermuda Bay as real-life cupcake colors, but they still totally work on a card!
- Use the flower punch from the Tree Builder punch to get the little accent flower and then bling it up with the smallest sized rhinestone.
- Add the perfect finishing touch with the new Dotted Lace Trim in all the new In Colors (though I have to say the Watermelon color in the lace is my FAV!)
Watch my Wednesday Walkthrough video for even more tips and to see just how easy it is to pull this card together! And then make sure to hop along to all the other great project ideas on our Hop!
(viewing this in email? You can find the Wednesday Walkthrough video here)
Don’t miss out on all the other great project ideas waiting for you on the hop!
Fun & Crafty Blog Hop
Jennifer B. of Northwest Stamper <–YOU ARE HERE
Tobe B. of The Craft Sea
Susan S. of Stampin’ By The SF Bay
Pam W. of Stinky Tofu
Sara G. of 1200 Some Miles
And if you are interested in more ideas with this stamp set and/or are interested in being able to make all of these cards at home, make sure to register soon for this class by mail!
Sign up for this class here
Did you know? Members of my Fun n’ Crafty downline get all my class by mail tutorials for free? Its my way of helping you learn more ideas for sharing classes or projects with your friends and customers!
Plus, with the get 2 free additional stamp sets when you sign up this month, you can pick up this Sprinkles of Life stamp set as a free bonus item! Get started here
Project Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
3 responses to “Sprinkles of Life Cupcake Birthday for the Fun n’ Crafty Blog Hop – (Wednesday Walkthrough Video Tutorial)”
You’re so creative Jennifer! I love this card and can’t wait to get my hands on this set!
Love this set and punches. It is going to be fun playing wth it
I love this card! My wish list is growing and it is great to see these products in action.