I know we are getting into Christmas time and lots of wintery projects, but I still have a few fall themed projects that I loved and so I wanted to share with you – including this thank you card I made for recent customer thank you cards.
I had seen the idea for using a cut out hole with the Leaflet framelits and thought it would be cute trying stamping on the leaves themselves! So I tried that and it ended up being a fun project.
Tips for making this card:
- Stamp your scene first! With photopolymer stamps, you can often see what you are doing when it comes to stamping in a very specific spot on your paper (which is why I love them so, so much!) but in this case, I found it easier to stamp my scene first from the Happy Scenes stamp set and then position my framelit so that everything lined up the way I wanted it to and cut out.
- Layer your die cuts – Make a cool shadow or accent effect by cutting out the same shape as your stamped focal point only in solid color cardstock and slightly offset behind the stamped image. In this case, I stamped on Whisper White and then cut out a second leaf in Cajun Craze cardstock.
- Have fun with your Aqua Painter – After you cut out your shape, have fun letting your inner artist (or kindergartener as the case may be!) and play with coloring things in! Use your aqua painter (a special brush-tip pen that the barrel is filled with water that you can use to paint on your ink) by picking up ink from the LID of your ink pad (squeeze the closed ink pad if you need to get more ink on the lid) and paint it onto your scene. It doesn’t have to be perfect, so just have fun layering your colors and making your own personal sunset image. Everyone will be different!
- Wide ribbons don’t always have to be wide! – I wanted some ribbon and loved the texture of burlap, but didn’t need the weight it added of having the full width of the burlap ribbon. So, don’t be afraid to pull out your scissors and cut the ribbon in half!
- Mix and Match your stamped image for all seasons – I made this card with the fall theme, but use the snow scene or spring scene from the Happy Scenes stamp set and make it a whole new card!
- Check the Holiday Retiring List before your favorite sells out – The Happy Scenes stamp set and Happy Haunting paper are both on the Holiday Catalog Retiring list and so are only available while supplies last. There are more awesome items that are saying goodbye this month, and two items that have already sold out! So make sure to check your list before December is over.
Use Hostess Code BEFX37ZS at check out to get a special thank you from me!
See all the tutorials & classes by mail here