Today’s card share was an experiment for me – doing something a little bit different for my papers. Can you spot what it is?
If you were wondering where that chevron paper came from, you are in the right ballpark! Yes, that Is from Stampin’ Up, and No, it isn’t from one of the paper packs. Instead I was trying to put together a card for the Convention display boards as part of of the Stylin’ Stampin’ inkspiration gals and I was starting from the stamped and punched flowers. Then I saw the chevron bags sitting on my craft desk and I thought the pattern would make a great background!
Tips for making this card:
- Make a fun background paper using one of the Chevron Tag-a-Bags! The are only $3.95 for 10 food safe bags and so they are great for gift bags (like this christmas bag I shared last week) or as paper for a card.Chevron Tag-a-Bags
- The bags have a seam in the back, so for a large area, you will want to cut the front out, but for smaller strips you can use the back of the bags.
- Mount the paper bag to some cardstock and if you use neutrals like I did, it lets your stamped elements really take center stage.
- To make the flower and leaves, use the Bloom for You stamp with matching Fun Flower punch in two colors. Offset the green with the purple to make the leaves in the background for your flower!
- Add a few loops of linen thread for flair and then add one more pop of color with the Thick Baker’s Twine behind everything.
These would be perfect for goodie bags for a party or just a little something to give to someone to celebrate an achievement or just to share a treat or gift to say “I’m celebrating you, because you are awesome!” Because don’t we all need to hear now and then that we are awesome just for being us? Life can get tough and we are our worst critics, so help remind someone that they are great!
And speaking of celebrating – it’s now WEEK 2 of GRATITUDE WEEK! I’ll be sharing more gratitude themed projects this week including a FREE TUTORIAL coming out tomorrow!
In the meantime, that means there is a new thank you gift for orders this week too!
Gratitude Month Week 2 Free Gift – Ink Pad of your Choice w/ a $40 order
Shop online & use hostess code UCJDBQH4
Project Supplies Used:
(if you are reading this in email, click here to see the list of supplies)