How about something a little different today – a fun gift bag that is WAY QUICKER to make than you might expect using the Seasonally Scattered stamp set and those great chevron printed bags from Stampin’ Up.
I created this for the Convention Display boards this last summer (yes, I’m still working on finishing up sharing all the projects for that! ) and I was asked to make some 3D projects for each the stamp sets I was given. I started adding a little bit here and there and finally it all came together in a fun festive bag.
Tips for making this project:
- Start by gluing down a tea lace doily to the front of the preprinted chevron bags from Stampin’ Up. The preprinted bags are great for small treats or gifts and since they already have the pattern it makes it easy to just add a little bit here and there and have it look great.
- I stamped the Merry sentiment from the Seasonally Scattered stamp set on a piece of scrap paper and cut it out. Layer over some scrap Old Olive cardstock and tear the edges of the Old Olive paper so it is just longer and taller than the stamped image.
That is right… just tear… no tricks or special tools. I usually just rip my paper pulling at a slight angle so I expose some of the core of my cardstock for a more textured look.
- Loop some seam binding ribbon and adhere to the back and you can add everything to your doily with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
- Then just punch out some extra banners using the Banner punch ( 1- Cherry Cobbler, 1- Old Olive, 1- Whisper White stamped with the snowflakes from the merry sentiment stamp)
- Stuff your bag and then staple some Gold Sequins and the banners to the top corner to keep it closed!
The only part that takes any time with these bags is the cutting out of the Merry sentiment, but you could use a framelit and die cut it to make it even faster!
Gratitude Month Week 1 Free Tutorial – Kinda Eclectic Thank You Card
Shop online & use hostess code UCJDBQH4
See the Catalogs online – Annual Catalog | Holiday Catalog | Holiday Supplement
Save more when shopping – Weekly Deals | Clearance Rack
Project Supplies Used:
(if you are reading this in email, click here to see the list of supplies)