If you are like me, you have a pile of paper scraps on your desk… some punch outs, some larger cut pieces, some stamped images. And I have a heck of a time convincing myself to recycle them because I just know they will be useable in another project. Unfortunately, I don’t actually use them most of the time and they just pile up. Like so –
So, I decided to spend some time this week using them up! I’ve been sharing some of my progress on my Facebook page – www.facebook.com/nwstamper – but I just loved how this card turned out and so I had to share it here.
This is also a sneak peek of the Sale-a-Bration set Simply Wonderful. I can already tell I’m going to have LOTS of fun with this one.
But the thing I really wanted to share was the technique for using up your scraps of paper to create this diagonal pattern for the card.
Tips for making this card:
- This is perfect use for 6×6 paper packs or pieces from my Paper Samplers! New Occasions Catalog Paper Sampler is coming soon! Watch HERE for more details.
- Cut your strips of paper to 3/4” x 3” and adhere at an angle across a scrap piece of cardstock. (I did two at a time and had two 1-1/4” x 4” pieces next to each other when glueing)
- Trim the excess paper off the edges to get your final piece of patterned paper
- The All is Calm specialty designer paper makes a pretty backdrop but it is only available until January 5th!
- Add some baker’s twine and some Sequins (like the In Color Sequins) to add some coordinating bling to your card.
Check out a video for how I put this card together –
(viewing this post in email, click here to see it on my blog)
Did you know? There are extra perks beyond placing your order during Sale-a-Bration!
- Get your friends together for a crafting night or host an online party, and when you and your friends together spend $250 at your event, you’ll get a BONUS $25 to spend ON TOP of the $40 you get free in hostess perks! That is $65 in freebies just for getting together with your friends! You invite the people, I’ll provide the projects. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Purchase the starter kit for only $99 and not only will you get products of your choice worth up to $125 and free shipping, but you’ll also get to pick out 2 Sale-a-Bration items to get FREE too! I host a wonderful community of demonstrators and would love for you to join us. (Plus ask me about the bonus perks you can earn throughout Sale-a-Bration!)
Start working on your wishlist and get ready for the launch in only 3 more days! Yay!
Project Supplies Used:
(if you are reading this in email, click here to see the list of supplies)
Current Promotions and News
- The LAST CHANCE List is here!
Make sure you don't miss your favorites before they are gone forever. SEE WHAT IS RETIRING
If you have any questions, give me a holler at email@example.com!