Today is my Birthday and I am so excited for an afternoon where I don’t have to do anything except kick back with some great music and pull out all my preorder goodies and craft, craft, craft! But before I got elbows deep in paper and ink, I wanted to share with you a card I put together for Stamp Club this month!
I had had someone ask about a birthday card and I had seen a card that used white embossed paper over a white cardbase that I loved and so I set out to replicate and tweak that idea using my Stampin’ Up supplies I had at home. I just love how elegant it turned out and I was so excited to share it with everyone at my events this month! I made mine be birthday but switch out the sentiment and it would be great for just about any occasion!
Tips for making this card:
- Emboss a smaller piece of cardstock (in this case 2-3/4”x 3-3/4”) with your favorite embossing folder. I liked the Mosaic embossing folder because it was a simple repetitive design that felt elegant and gave the card some visual structure.) and then mat it on a 3”x4” piece of white cardstock.
- Since everything is based in white, pick a contrasting ribbon to anchor your color. I love Black & White and so this Black Chevron ribbon was just the thing!
- Punch 6 Petite Petal flowers and crumple each one up into the smallest ball you can in your hand. Don’t worry if the petals are smashed in all the wrong directions, that is good! The important thing is getting them extra wrinkled and textured.
- Adhere the flowers together using glue dots and add a rhinestone to the center for sparkle amongst the texture.
- Need extra sparkle? Add a strip of Dazzling Diamonds glitter paper for a mess-free glitz on your card.
You don’t need a lot of supplies to make a card that will wow them everytime. So, grab some paper and a flower punch, and have fun creating!
My Birthday Gift is a Gift for You!
I love celebrating birthdays… all the fun, cheer, and even a few presents! I’ve been so amazed to receive some very sweet gifts this year (some fun crafty goodies, some shopping money to get more, and even some pampering by my hubby!) So I wanted to share the joy by giving you all a gift as well!
I’m giving YOU a $5 gift certificate to be spent starting January, for every $25 you order today and tomorrow!
This even counts if you order gift certificates from me or Paper Pumpkin prepaid subscriptions!
So you can finish up your holiday shopping and get a little something fun for you as well.
Shop online or email me your order to email@example.com and I’ll get your certificate emailed out to you right away!
If your order is less than $150, then please use hostess code XMUM7PJZ.
To purchase a gift certificate, email me so I can make sure I have all the details. If you are interested in giving a Paper Pumpkin Subscription, you have the option to order them online here.
And can I just brag about my super hubby today? In the past we haven’t done much for birthdays but he has been amazing today including this yummy breakfast in bed! Eggs, sausage, and the oh so delicious Orange Rolls! Talk about spoiling a girl!
So I hope you all have a wonderful day too! Until tomorrow!
Project Supplies Used:
(if you are reading this in email, click here to see the list of supplies)