I don’t know about you, but I’ve always seemed to have at least one alphabet stamp set lying around my craft room…like for years, the stamp set may alternate but I’ve always had at LEAST one set. I always told myself they would be great for scrapbooking or for custom words on cards…and I’ve used them once or twice, but most of the time I glossed right past them in favor of a sentiment from other stamp sets. So, when Layered Letters came out and I loved the font, I knew to be skeptical if I would actually use it.
But turns out, I have been having a blast with it and get this – have ACTUALLY MADE CARDS with it! I know, crazy, right? Here is one of the cards I created:
Tips for making this card:
- One of the cool things about the Layered Letters stamp set is that it comes with an oval stamp and a rectangle stamp that perfectly fit behind all the letters.
- Letters don’t have to be in a line, stack them together to make a block!
- Use different colors from the same color family (these are the 2015-2017 Stampin’ Up In Colors) for the stamped backgrounds.
- Compliment it even more by creating a background for your card using the same colors in blocks;, just switch up the positions.
- Dimensions for the card background:
– Card base – 4 1/4” x 8 1/2” folded in half
– Color blocks – 2”x2” squares in 4 colors
- Add a touch of flair by adding a couple banners, punched perfectly by using the Banner Triple Punch! Make a 1” banner and a 1 1/2” banner and layer the little one centered over the larger banner.
What do you think? Fun alphabet or what? Hopefully this gives you some ideas for using your alphabets or just seeing how this one is full of possibilities!
Project Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog