For a while now, I’ve been a member of the card front club. That is, someone who participates in card front swaps and who creates card fronts when making new card projects. I always told myself, “I’m saving cardstock this way” and some folks say it saves a lot of room when storing your cards. It made perfect sense, right? Well, I realized that I’m not nearly as organized as I’d like to be and often I’m just grabbing a card last minute from my stash. (Thankfully, I have a large enough stash, I can still tailor my choice to the recipient.) In any event, I like to have my cards ready to go so I only have to write on the inside and put it in an envelope.
So, this weekend I started project “turn cardfronts into cards”. Over the course of three nights, I cut, scored, folded, and glued card bases to 46 of my cardfronts. And last night, I finished the last card. It was during this time that I realized that I like how cards look better when I go ahead and use a half sheet of cardstock for the card base instead of making a card front and later trying to line-up the front on a separately cut base (I wasn’t so good at that sometimes). Plus, while I might be saving a few cents not using as much colored cardstock, sometimes it really does look nicer to have the color for the base (I even used a half sheet of colored cardstock for some of my cardfronts – definitely using more cardstock that way!). So, now I’ve swung over to the “just do it” camp and will leave card fronts for pretty much swaps and special uses only. I’d love to hear other people’s thoughts on this topic though. What do you like better?
Once that was all done last night, I didn’t have much time or energy for much else. So, I tried working on my index card project. I picked up my Thank You Kindly and some paper and got to work.
This was one of those times that you think you have a great card idea and as soon as you start stamping you realize that “great” isn’t quite the right adjective. 🙂 It also doesn’t help when you cut your cardstock and then realize you totally cut at the wrong sizes! So, I kept tweaking it as I went until I got to the point where I knew it needed something but everything seemed too much. So, I finally went with putting on the button latte buttons (I love, love, love these buttons!!!) because the empty space was driving me nuts. So, while its not my most shining work, its not bad for a card that had to use every thank you sentiment in the stamp set and no other stamp set period. I call this one good enough and will be moving on tonight to Simple Stems. I’m feeling a little more optimistic about that set.
And yes, for those of you who left comments about my Video Game Live concert experience. You are right, I had a camera. 🙂 Though the host actually encouraged use of recording devices at one point, so I don’t really feel bad. Unfortunately, my pictures were mostly blurry so I can really only share the costume contest line up. These were concert goers who dressed up for fun, glory, or a prize.