After coming back from the Stampin’ Up convention, I had a TON of swap cards… ok, more like 120, but still, that feels like a ton! I spent time over the last few days photographing the cards and finally have pictures of all of them. I posted them all of my team facebook group (so if you are one of my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers, make sure you’ve checked out the album on our page!) But I want to share some of my favorites with you here on the blog too!
I’ve hand picked a few that I’m going to go into detail on later this week, but for now I thought I’d get the party started with 6 cards that I loved and I hope at least one catches your eye too!
I love how simple yet bold this card is. Plus it also shows a great way to use that vegetable paper from the Farmer’s Market designer paper in a way that is cute! I love this paper pack, but will admit to not having a clue on how to use some of the patterns. So when I saw this card I had to swap for it!
This is another simple yet super cute cards! The heart is the Dazzling Diamond designer paper that she spritzed with Watermelon Wonder ink to create the matching heart. If you haven’t tried this at home, here is how it works:
To make custom color glitter paper:
- Start with Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper and cut down to near the size you need for your project
- Take a Spritzer and fill with rubbing alcohol
- Add 20-60 drops of your preferred color ink refill (like this Watermelon Wonder ink refill)
the amount of drops varies how dark your color will turn out
- Place your paper in a cardboard box, standing upright
- Press on the top of the spritz bottle while holding the bottle UPRIGHT
- Keep spraying until you get the color you want and then set aside to dry
It is also hard to tell, but the paper with the words on it is actually silvery so that it has a subtle shine to it. That is from the Stampin’ Up Neutrals Background designer series paper stack. Isn’t it cute!!
I also had to swap for this gift card holder as soon as I saw it! I love punch art and just thought he was totally adorable! I haven’t measured the circles yet to recreate him but I can share once I do.
It wasn’t until I went to photograph the card that I realized it was a gift card holder. How clever is that?
This was one of the cards that made me realize that I needed the Remarkable You stamp set. In fact, it is now arriving at my house tomorrow! Yay! It is so simple yet oh so pretty! I’m thinking this may need to turn into one of my customer thank you cards soon.
I loved the added touch of the flowers being popped up for more dimension without distracting from the rest of the card. Awesome, right?
I thought this was such a clever use of the Celebrate Today bundle! I love the balloon die cut, but thought making the cloud background and then adding the sun from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set and adding two circles for Mickey Mouse ears were great added touches.
I saw my friend Michelle Suit working on swaps in the weeks leading up to convention and then she and her family went to Disney World. It looked like such a fun time and she had the brilliant idea to take some of her Disney Themed swaps and get them signed by the characters in the park. I even lucked in to one signed by Snow White!
Finally, I have one more for you today. This was a great card created by Angela McCormack – one of our Fun n’ Crafty Stampers!
She always comes up with great card ideas and I loved how easy this is to make. All the words are part of the single background stamp – A World of Thanks. The trendy sketched words look great all together and then with some added punched hearts, stars, and some rhinestones, it just really comes together, don’t you think?
I hope you enjoyed these ideas and will stop back by as I share even more this week! Plus, I’ll be getting my first back of New Holiday Catalog Preorder Items and will be sharing them with you too!
If you want to get your own swap cards, consider giving my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers group a try! We have a Holiday Catalog group swap coming up, monthly swaps, AND you will be eligible to join us and hundreds of other demos by attending the On Stage Local events around the country in November where there is sure to be lots more swapping going on! Get your starter kit and give it a test run here, we’d love to have you join us!
- Crafting Forever Using the New 2017-2019 In Colors! - June 22, 2017
- Top 10 Favorites from the Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog – Released Today! - June 1, 2017
- Clean and Simple Elegance Eastern Palace Card - May 25, 2017
- The 2017 Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog Product Samplers are Here! - May 24, 2017
- Daisy Delight Sneak Peek Thank You Card - May 23, 2017
- Color Blocking Card Using High Tide - May 16, 2017
- Cute Collage Stamping using Kinda Eclectic - May 11, 2017
- Spring Birthday Card Idea with Affectionately Yours Designer Paper - May 3, 2017