I’m back and sharing another card that we made at last week’s card class. This was another one where I had fun using some of my Holiday catalog purchases for a NON-Holiday card. Can you spot a few of them?
It was also a chance for me to play more with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Have I mentioned how great they are? I love that you get a variety pack so you get 4 sizes of squares, circles, and ovals all in ONE pack! See, I know me and if they had come out with 3 different packs, I would have wanted them all, but my pocketbook wouldn’t have wanted them all. And so I would have had to pick which shape I liked best, and this way I don’t have to! Win!
Anyway, I decided to experiment with using the die to cut out a circle from Vellum. I figured that the stitching aspect would be subtle on the vellum, but it was great! It was just enough to give a definite border to my circle element without it fading into the background too much. What do you think?
And just a reminder, in case you missed it before, these dies have been so stinkin’ popular that its been hard to keep them in stock! Stampin’ Up has a bunch coming to the warehouse, but they expect to sell out of them before they can get more inventory. So you can only order them through the early morning of 11/21 (right now they are on backorder and all orders will ship out around 11/28). After that, they will be unavailable until Stampin’ Up can get their stock built back up in the warehouse. So, don’t wait too long to get your set!
Ok, back to the fun card at hand! I didn’t want my fish to be sitting in boring water, I wanted him to SHINE! Don’t we all deserve to shine? So, I grabbed my Wink of Stella clear brush and added some shimmer to the water. It looks great on the final card but, as usual, is really hard to photograph!
Now, remember when I asked if you could figure out which Holiday catalog items I used? If you said the Fancy Frost sequins and the Kraft Rope Trim, you were right!
I love the Kraft Rope Trim for the nautical theme, but if the trim is a little thick for you; you can easily untwist the strands and you get 3 thinner rope pieces to work with. It is perfect for fall, masculine, and nautical projects.
I also loved the soft colors in the Fancy Frost sequins and found them to be a perfect way to add shine onto the back of my card to balance all the circles and jar on the card. They are perfectly sized to stick down with glue dots and you know they won’t go anywhere.
Stampin’ News and Specials!
With the Black Friday specials coming out in full swing, there are LOTS of ways to save and even double dip your savings! Here is a list of all the specials that are going on right now so you can take full advantage:
- The November Premium Tutorial Pack is here! Get 12 tutorials from Artisan-level designers using the stamp sets on sale this month in the 25% off sale. Available for purchase or free with a qualifying order or to anyone on my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers Team.
- NEW Stitched Shape Framelits – available for purchase through 11/21 at 10am MST
- 25% off Stamp Sale!
- The Holiday Online Extravaganza – exclusive 1 day only bundles plus up to 40% off many items, starts 11/21!
November Hostess Code – DSUGDGH4
- Sahara Sand cardstock – 4 1/4” x 11”
- Island Indigo cardstock – 4” x 5 1/4”
- Pool Party cardstock – 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
- Whisper White cardstock – 3 1/4” x 2” (you should be able to stamp the jar and the fish out of this), 1/2” x 3”
- Vellum cardstock – 3” x 3”