Happy Monday! I’m back today to share with you a fun Foxy Friends card that I’ve been sitting on for a while. And by sitting on for a while, I mean, I made this at my LAST Northwest Crafty Retreat Weekend in the fall! We have our next retreat coming up at the end of the month, so its about time I get this posted. This was my interpretation of a Mojo Monday card sketch and the A Little Foxy Suite made it come together so super easily. Keep reading and I’ll show you the sketch and how I put it together!
How to get out of the “I want to craft, but don’t know what to do” mode and START crafting!
So, if you are like me, sometimes you see your stamps or papers in your craft stash and you are excited about all the cuteness and can’t wait to sit down to start creating!
But then you sit down… and just stare at your stamps and papers, and have NO IDEA what to actually make!
It’s sad, because you were so excited about what you bought and they look so cute. So, here are some tricks I use to get over that hump and start getting my creative juices flowing again.
- Copy an example card from the catalog! If you are using the Foxy Friends stamp set, open up the catalog to the page that shows the stamp set (page 56-57 in the Annual Catalog, btw). There you will see at least 1-2 project ideas, and often more using that stamp set. So, start copying one of those cards! Switch out the colors or cardstock to match what you have at home., But just the process of actually cutting paper, stamping, and following a sample will help you get your groove going again.
- Search for card ideas on Pinterest or Google! This is what I do a LOT! Grab that stamp set and type it’s name into the search box on Pinterest or Google. I prefer using Google and clicking the “Images” tab so I can quickly see a bunch of great ideas. Then I often will pick and choose different elements of different cards and combine them together into one new card.
- Use a sketch to give you a shortcut to getting started! I love sketches because it is one less thing I have to think about. There are a ton of card sketches sites out there – like Mojo Monday, which is the sketch I used for the card today.
I picked a sketch, now how do I use the A Little Foxy Suite to make it easy to pull together?
Ok, so you have a sketch…I was drawn to the one I share above. So, when you see the sketch, sit for a minute and imagine what you think those elements would be. I saw the green line as ribbon, the rounded corner rectangles as paper, and the circle as a stamped image or sentiment. So, once you know you have a few different types of elements to work with, a suite makes it really easy.
I grabbed my Foxy Friends paper and picked two patterns I thought would be nice. I DID NOT cut them down to size quite yet, but just laid them out on my desk. Then I grabbed the Smoky Slate stitched ribbon (also part of the Foxy Friends Suite) and laid it across like in the sketch.
So far so good.
But when It came time for that circle (aka – my stamped image) I grabbed my coordinating stamp set and started playing. I stamped my fox using Calypso Coral ink and then punched him out with the coordinating Fox Builder Punch. I thought about using him inside a circle, but I just couldn’t get things to fit right, and the tree stump from the Foxy Friends stamp set was calling out to me. So, I stamped the stump in Soft Suede and hand cut it out. But you could stamp the tree and die cut out a circle around it. Then just glue your fox onto the circle.
Once I had my fox and stump, I knew I like the colors of the paper, so I cut them out and started gluing things down. Don’t forget to add dimension with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
Finally, I needed the last few touches. Rhinestones fit those little dots in the sketch perfectly. And since my fox wasn’t on a circle, a little banner with this cute sentiment from the Pretty Kitty stamp set was just right. See, you don’t have to be lock in to the shapes and pieces on the sketch. Use them as an inspiration and then create a card that makes YOU happy!
TIP – The Foxy Friends stamp set doesn’t include any sentiments…BUT, you can get a sentiment set for FREE through the end of March when you buy the the suite! Purchase the Foxy Friends discounted bundle (includes the stamp set and punch) and the A Little Foxy designer paper, and you will earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. There are some great set with sentiments like All Occasions, Designer Tee, or even Tasty Trucks!
Want to make this card at home? Here are the project supplies:
March Rewards Hostess Code is KYNFMU4D
March News, Notes, and Specials!
- March Hostess Code is KYNFMU4D – Use this code when you shop online with me and earn extra perks!
- ONLY A FEW WEEKS LEFT! Sale-a-Bration is coming to an end on March 31st.
- For every $50 ordered, pick any item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog to get for FREE added to your order
- Place a $250 order or party and get an extra $25 to spend for FREE!
- BEST DEAL – if your wish list is over $100, consider getting the demonstrator starter kit and joining my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers. You get to pick out $125 in product for $99, get 20% off all your future orders, get 2 stamp sets of any value to add FREE to your kit during Sale-a-Bration, and join the amazing community of my team and demonstrators worldwide online. Get started here
- Stampin Up Product Shares are Here! - May 25, 2018
- Pretty Project Accents with Stacked Die Cuts - March 7, 2018
- Congratulations or Birthday Card – You Decide! - January 17, 2018
- 2018 Stampin’ Up Occasion Catalog Product Samplers! - January 9, 2018
- So Much Crafting Cuteness for the New Year! - January 4, 2018
- Meet the Stampin’ Up Stamparatus! - November 16, 2017
- Limited Time Promotions are on NOW! - October 9, 2017
- Quick and Easy Halloween Treat Bags – Fun n’ Crafty Blog Hop - September 28, 2017