Heat embossing is one of those great techniques that always instantly makes a card just a little bit classier and more elegant. That said, I totally forget about it a ton of the time! Thankfully, I have my Lacy & Lovely stamp set which always gets me excited to do some embossing. Especially because I LOVE doing the emboss resist technique with it.
In the Seattle area? Join me for my Embossing Technique class on Monday 3/31 at 7pm in Redmond, WA! Get all the details here – I’d love to have you stamp with me!)
Recently I was experimenting with some different card ideas and I ended up with this:
It was supposed to be an ombre card – where the purples go from lightest to darkest – but I got too excited to start sponging and I forgot to make sure I knew which piece went where!
So instead, you get something reminiscent of ombre… you get the idea.
How to make this card
- Start out with your Whisper White piece of cardstock and cut it into 3 pieces. Lay them out on a piece of scrap paper so they form their origional rectangle.
- Stamp randomly with the large doily shape from your stamp set using Versamark
- Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the stamped images and heat with the heat tool
- Select 3 ink colors in different shades of the same color. Grab one of the yellow sponges and start sponging each panel a different color.
For best results – sponge in order from lightest to darkest!
- Randomly stamp different images from the stamp set in the colors you plan to sponge with. (I stamped with Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant)
- Adhere your panels to a piece of cardstock for a matted frame. Add embellishments, and you are done!
The great thing is that the clear embossed areas will resist your sponged ink and so the white shows through no matter how dark of an ink you use to color with.
Next time though, I’ll try to remember to sponge my colors in the right order!
March Online Stamp Club Hostess Code – XEWP4DFD
Use this code to get free exclusive tutorials & project kit! Learn more
Stampin’ Up! Supplies Used
Stamps – Lacy & Lovely
Ink – Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum
Paper –Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories – Heat Gun, Clear embossing powder, embossing buddy, Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon, sponges