If you are like me, you love making those beautiful holiday cards with all the details and the fun pieces and touches. However, I can’t imagine mass producing a TON of cards like that. So, I have fun making onesies and twosies of the time consuming cards and then fill in the gaps when I start running out of time with simple but classy cards that I can turn out a bunch in a short amount of time. Now, I LOVE the Paper Pumpkin kit we got this month for that sort of thing (and in fact, I plan to order a refill pack so I can make more this year… LOVE THEM!)
But I wanted to share another idea with you – this was one of the make and takes for my Northwest Crafty Escape Weekend this year – using the FABULOUS Stitched with Cheer stamp set!
It starts by creating some fun layers on the card base. I stamped the knitting image from the Stitched with Cheer set about 2/3rds of the way down from the top of the card base in Memento Black ink. Doesn’t it look awesome all by itself? Then add a strip of Garden Green cardstock, then we start getting fancy!
- Use the Banner Triple punch to create easy banner edges for your designer paper strips. Since the punch is designed to make it easy to punch 1”, 1 1/2”, and 2” strips, you can mix and match patterns and sizes for great layered looks.
- Make it a little vintage by sponging the edges of the paper using a soft brown (my favorite for this is Crumb Cake ink) and a sponge dauber. It makes it look a little older and more rustic.
- Texture made easy – I used the This Christmas Specialty paper so it is a little bit thinner/lighter weight than your typically designer paper. Which means it is perfect for crumpling up and then smoothing back out again. It adds texture and looks great on your vintage style cards!
PS – did you see, I’ve started adding measurements for my cards at the end of my blog posts? Makes it easy to recreate at home!
Then I made the sentiment the focal point and used my Layering Squares dies to really help it pop out! But just to add the touch of love, I stamped the heart from the same stamp set in Cherry Cobbler and hand cut it out. It is small, so it trims out in no time! Sponge the edge of the Vanilla square sentiment to keep up the vintage feel and glue together for easy peasy done!
BONUS – The Stitched with Cheer stamp set is on sale with the Online Extravaganza too! Save 10% off the stamp set this week Check it out here
November Savings and Specials
- The November Premium Tutorial Pack is here! Get 12 tutorials from Artisan-level designers using the stamp sets on sale this month in the 25% off sale. Available for purchase or free with a qualifying order when you use the November Hostess code or to anyone on my Fun n’ Crafty Stampers Team.
- 25% off Stamp Sale!
- The Holiday Online Extravaganza – exclusive 1 day only bundles plus up to 40% off many items, starts 11/21!
November Hostess Code – DSUGDGH4
- Very Vanilla cardbase – 4 ¼” x 11”, score at 5 ½”
- This Christmas specialty designer paper
- Music notes paper – 1 ½” x 4 ¼”
- Red designer paper – 1” x 4 ½”
- Garden Green cardstock – ½” x 4 ¼”
- Cherry Cobbler – 2 ¼” x 2 ¼” (die cut with layering squares framelit)
- Very Vanilla cardstock – 1 ¾” x 1 ¾” (die cut with layering squares framelit), scrap for little stamped and cut out heart