I can’t believe I almost totally forgot to post this card I received at Founder’s Circle from Shelli Gardner (Stampin’ Up! CEO and her daughter Sara Douglas). When we were swapping she gave us this card and even signed it on the back with her “bad” hand since she had just been in her horse riding accident and had injured her shoulder. But I wanted to share it with you now before the holidays completely pass by.
But first, don’t forget about the Birthday Weekend Celebrations! My birthday was on Wednesday and I’m sharing the presents all week long! If you haven’t checked out day 1 and day 2, you still have time to get your name in the drawing for each gift since I’ll be drawing names on Sunday morning.
So check out Shelli’s card and then leave a comment to be entered for today’s giveaway!
So Sophisticated Christmas Card
Shelli is known for her vintage and sophisticated style. It always makes me laugh to see her on stage and start putting together a card and tell us that it is just a “stamp here”, “spritz there”, add a little fussy cutting, glue this and that, “add a stitch” just so… and you are done! She makes it look so easy!
Now, I guess the basic elements of this card are pretty straight forward.
- Run the embossing folder across the middle of your card front for embossing on only part of your card front.
- Heat emboss a single stamp (the O Holy Night set) in gold.
- Cut out your stamped image with a framelit (from Apocathary Accents)
- Add a Champange Glimmer paper punched star with the Merry Minis punch pack and placed a pearl in the middle (I would recommend using some extra adhesive to help hold it in place on the rough glimmer paper)
- Spritz the card base with Vanilla Smooch Spritz to add some subtle shimmer to the card
But then you look closer at the top of the card and we start to get a little fancier! : )
It looks like she took some of the Modern Medley designer paper and accordian folded a thin strip to allow them to shape it into a circle to go behind the star (I’m sure glued with hot glue!)
Then took some of the FABULOUS Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and (I’m guessing with starch spray) crinkle and folded the ribbon to this interesting look. Add two more paper banners on the right and you are done!
It looks like a really fun card to make…. but one I would make for only a few special people. : )
Birthday Celebrations & Giveaway – Day 3!
Alright, I promised you gifts because birthdays are so much fun and I’m glad I can share mine with you.
This and That Washi Tape (1 set = 3 rolls of tape)
Brights Designer Buttons
Each day I’ll post a new giveaway and you’ll be able to enter up 3 ways (and yes! you can get multiple entries each day!) each day and I’ll draw names on Sunday.
Enter to win today’s giveaway by any combination of the following:
- Leave a comment on this blog post sharing whether you scrapbook your holiday pictures or just take and store them.
- Visit my facebook page and leave a comment today’s card post sharing what is your favorite holiday treat?
While you are there, don’t forget to make sure you’ve liked my page and are getting notifications to ensure you catch all the fun!
- Place an order online or by emailing me at email@example.com and get 2 extra entries