I’ve always thought Alphabet stamp sets were nice enough, but everytime I got one, I found I didn’t use it that much. Which is why I didn’t order the Layered Letters stamp set right away… but once again my Mom was wiser than me and ordered it. So I got to play with hers…and I think I’m in LOVE!
Yes, I’ve finally found the alphabet stamp set that I can totally imagine using on a regular basis! I think part of it is that it comes with an oval stamp and a rectangle stamp that makes it so you can stamp a background color and then stamp the letter inside the shape, giving you a TON of different options. Like this one (see the yellow behind the letters in “Smile”? It is a stamp!!):
But for my card share today, I kept it simple and just made a simple “HI”. Add some banners and bling and you are good to go!
Tips for making this card:
- Keep it quick and simple by starting with just 2 patterns of paper cut to 1”x4-1/4” and 1-1/2” x 4-1/4”. Trim the ends with the Banner Triple Punch in 2 seconds and layer together for the cute splash of color!
- Go bold for your sentiment! Start with a bright color (like this Calypso Coral cardstock) and then heat emboss your letters using White embossing powder.
If you haven’t done much heat embossing before, here are the steps:
– rub the surface of your cardstock lightly with an Embossing Buddy to eliminate static and stray embossing powder
– stamp your image using Versamark ink
– cover generously with white embossing powder
– tap off the excess powder… thanks to the embossing powder, it should all tap off except where you stamped
– heat with your heat gun until all the powder melts and becomes nice and shiny
- The new 1-1/2” Circle punch is PERFECT for punching out the word “Hi”
- Add a few sequins dangling down for that perfect added shine. I just took a 4 1/2” strand and used glue dots to hold it to the back of my punched circle.
I have a bunch more Layered Letter cards to share so check back over the next week or so as I get them all posted up for you! But you won’t be sad if you decide to get this stamp set in the meantime!
Final day to get your name in the drawing for the first June Bonus! 50% off any item in the catalog!
As I posted last week, I’ve kicked off my Summer Spectacular with the big prize being the $100 Shopping Spree at the end of the Summer. But in the meantime, I’ll have little drawings along the way including the one tonight for 50% off any one item in the catalog! You have until tonight to get your name in the drawing!
Enter by either
- placing an order (every $25 in product ordered gets you 1 entry),
- sign up for a Paper Pumpkin Subscription (2 entries),
- or even join my Fun n’ Crafty team of demonstrators and get 2 free stamp sets with your starter kit plus 5 entries into my drawing!
Thanks for stopping by and all your support! I’ll be back tomorrow with some more fun ideas for you!
Project Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Current Promotions and News
- The LAST CHANCE List is here!
Make sure you don't miss your favorites before they are gone forever. SEE WHAT IS RETIRING
If you have any questions, give me a holler at firstname.lastname@example.org!